BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-16-2018, 12:10 PM
Administrator

What is MMP?
Unread 10-16-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
What is MMP?
maximum muscular potential
Unread 10-16-2018, 03:22 PM

Ffmi is more appropriate at lower levels of bodyfat. If you have a ton of bf ffmi will be meaninglessly higher from non contractile lbm thatll go away at very lean states.
Unread 10-16-2018, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
Ffmi is more appropriate at lower levels of bodyfat. If you have a ton of bf ffmi will be meaninglessly higher from non contractile lbm thatll go away at very lean states.
Yup. I examined one of hte papers Eric threw at me and they had happened to look at actually skeletal muscle mass. And the guys with a huge FFMI had higher BF% and invariably had LOWER amounts o atual muscle. The guy with the highest proportional amount of SM to FFMI was the leanest.

Glyocgen and water baby, glycogen and water.

So yeah, be a big fat boy adn you too can get FFMI above the cap,.
Diet down to non-fat boy and you won't.
Unread 10-17-2018, 10:27 AM

What is the supposed FFMI "natural" cap ?

From my last dexa scan I was 19.4 lean/height˛ (I suppose this is this number) for 20%bf
Unread 10-17-2018, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyromanXP View Post
What is the supposed FFMI "natural" cap ?

From my last dexa scan I was 19.4 lean/height˛ (I suppose this is this number) for 20%bf
25-26 or so for naturals. Again, when you're carrying a lot of fat, this gets skewed by water and glycogen

https://www.calculators.org/health/ffmi.php
Unread 10-17-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
25-26 or so for naturals. Again, when you're carrying a lot of fat, this gets skewed by water and glycogen

https://www.calculators.org/health/ffmi.php
Wow, seems like I could get a lot more muscles even if I am already working out for 4 years, if I can reach 25 ffmi I will be proud of my results lol.

Well in fact, with the website you provided I am already 21 ffmi (1.78, 80kg and probably lost 3% bf with last rfl cycle so let's assume 17% compared to the 20% dexa scan), but at least there is place for improvement.
Unread 10-17-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Wow, seems like I could get a lot more muscles even if I am already working out for 4 years, if I can reach 25 ffmi I will be proud of my results lol.

Well in fact, with the website you provided I am already 21 ffmi (1.78, 80kg and probably lost 3% bf with last rfl cycle so let's assume 17% compared to the 20% dexa scan), but at least there is place for improvement.
You probably won't. Natural pros like Eric Helms and Alberto Nunez are at 23-25 ffmi on stage. They're probably close to 25 in the off season, but we are talking about much better than average guys (that's why they are pros..) with optimized diet/training/motivation/environment.
Unread 10-17-2018, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:

If you've been training well for 4 years, you're not gaining much more.

Remember, an upper limit is for the top percentage of folks. It's the highest smoeone might get. By definition, most won't get close to that.

When I did the analysis of the natural bodybuidlers, only 5 of like 15 cleared the limit. These are the top 1% of 1% in the sport.

You're not.
Unread 10-18-2018, 02:50 AM

Sad truth... I'll keep doing my best for a year or so and probably will switch to another sport then.

The fullbody workout described in RFL 2times a week is enough to maintain muscle mass once you're not interested in / you cannot gain any more ? (5-6 sets per bodypart / week)