BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-19-2017, 10:22 AM

Yeah, OP, that's a tough one. Maybe explain your situation and concerns to your current physician and ask if before you leave, he or she can write renewed prescriptions for your wife with several months' worth of refills? Something to buy you some time while at your new location so that you at least have the scripts, while you concentrate on finding a new doc, securing coverage, and figuring out the cheapest way to get the scripts filled while they last. Also, I wonder if maybe you can just go see a general practitioner/family physician instead at the new location. Should be cheaper for the appointments, and he or she may very well be willing to continue that line of treatment, especially given that you worked it out previously with another professional and have found a combination that works. Just some thoughts off the top of the head from someone not in the field, which is to say, I'm not sure how feasible any of this is. I can say that I have depression and am being treated by a general practitioner for it, but my case is pretty garden-variety and it wasn't hard to find a single med that controls it very well. Your wife's situation sounds more complex and severe than mine and may very well need the expertise of a psychiatrist.
Unread 09-19-2017, 10:33 AM

As kc2010 suggested, as long as the doc isn't still working with your wife to find the right dosage or combination of meds, you can usually get a few months worth of post-dated prescriptions from your doctor. Obviously it's up to your doctor's discretion on whether they do this, but it's pretty common. The only time that my doctor hasn't been willing to do this for me or my kids is when we were switching to a new medication or still trying to find the best dose.

That's worth a shot to at least get the prescriptions if you still have a doctor you can see for them.

Otherwise, you may want to check sites like all day chemist or similar.
Unread 10-13-2017, 07:17 AM
Banned

I have sent you a private message on how to order those online. Click on Private Messages in the upper right corner.