BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-29-2017, 02:50 PM

Default ERFL experimentation

Hey

I've done PSMF in the past with good results. This time I'll go with an ERFL. When it's finished I'll eat at maintenance for a week and then proceed to give RFL another try for 3 weeks.

Due to lack of time, I won't be able to do this cardio for more than 4 hours per day.

Gonna post my first day details in the evening!

By the way, should my diet break last more than 7 days? I'll read the book again before finishing my ERFL to check what I'm supposed to do post diet.
Unread 07-30-2017, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinilzord View Post
Due to lack of time, I won't be able to do this cardio for more than 4 hours per day.
Why are you doing a milder version of ERFL, then a week of rest, then a couple of weeks RFL? Wouldn't it be better to just start RFL for a couple of weeks?

Also, what category are you?
Unread 07-30-2017, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
Why are you doing a milder version of ERFL, then a week of rest, then a couple of weeks RFL? Wouldn't it be better to just start RFL for a couple of weeks?

This ^
Unread 07-30-2017, 05:57 AM

Hi Vizilzord, looking at your previous posts the stop was to recover from dental surgery wasn't it? What type?

From my point of view I'd be VERY careful restricting calories severely if you're recovering from anything but the mildest of dental operations. I've had an apesectomy and an implant and i'd be very warey about restricting calories post-op with either too soon.

I only say this because this year I did the exact thing (had a severe calorie deficit a week after an implant dental operation) and it backfired horribly.

I had an operation to get a dental implant fitted but after maybe a week of chilling post-op I went back on my large/moderate deficit and hitting the gym hard. This absolutely broke me and made me quite sick for a couple of months and means I'm having to deal with health issues related to this still 5 months later.

You might think your gaining time by jumping back on a severe diet soon after your operation but it has the potential to backfire extremely badly (it did for me).

I really wish I could've just relaxed and ate at maintenance with lots of nutrients or maybe a small deficit if I could go back even for an extra week or two. My 2c. Good luck :-)
Unread 07-30-2017, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post

I tried going for 8h yesterday, but the sole of my left foot was aching a lot. So I did 4h. I'm leaving soon for 2h of walking outside, and another 2-3h. Also I'm a student and have an intern job so I don't have the time.

And it was a misunderstanding from my part. You're not supposed to do a diet break after ERFL (I thought it was because it's physically demanding). So, I'll keep at it until Tuesday (4 days in a row of "mild" ERFL).

So, I'm aiming for 21 days of ERFL+RFL. If I drop 4-5kg of fat I'll be extremely content, as my goal is to get sub 70kg before bulking up again.

I'm a category 2. 1,69cm, 74-74.3kg of body weight, 18-19%bf

@jimike - Thanks for your concern my friend! I unfortunately didn't have the chance to remove my wisdom teeth, so I kept my recomp going until yesterday haha. I have built some quality mass, so it's time to properly cut now. Also I'm going to a festival in October, so I'll have plenty of time to drop a few kilos and make some muscle gains. Gotta get lean for summer season

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll keep a log of my short-term adventure!