BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-26-2017, 01:34 AM

Thanks everyone for the responses, I realize that it's higher than typical calorie intakes of RFL but like i said, it's what i can stick to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEATMEOUTTAME View Post
I agree with most of the sentiments above. Long term adherence is the key, especially when you've come so far already and don't want to crash & burn.

RFL doesn't really have a specific calorie goal, it's just meeting the correct protein intake for your LBM and activity level.

As a general dieting rule if you take your bodyweight in pounds and multiply it by 10 calories you will be in a nice size deficit for weight loss. Any less calories than this is a bit of an extreme approach and requires more attention to detail than most people seem to be willing to commit to.

Slow digesting casein protein found in milk & eggs are helpful. And nothing beats psyllium husk in my opinion.
Yeah that's what I was thinking exactly, I've lost a lot of weight already and trying extreme diets always ends in a binge less than 3 days into the diet!! and since at this calorie intake i'm taking between 6.5-7.5 calories per pound so it's still a big deficit, as big as I can handle anyway, Thanks again
Unread 10-02-2017, 09:01 AM

Smile Your aren't really doing RFL, but...

Imagining your measurements are true: Set up the diet as per RFL and the number of calories needed will be immediately known.

RFL is x grams of protein per pound of lean body mass depending on your category, some essential fats (mainly fish oil) and a multivitamin. You eat nothing else (with exceptions covered in the handbook).

Doing the math, you are 200 pounds. Your max calories are 870 calories (20-50 calories for the fats and 20 for the multivitamin). Any food choice beyond that is outside the diet.

You are currently eating double what the diet advises. Expect slower results. Also, know that you are really doing a high protein, moderate fat, low carb diet that is not true (elitist, lol) RFL.

I think your question is similar to mine today: Is your diet okay?

If you are in a caloric deficit, you will lose weight. The rate of such is defined by the depth of the deficit; the composition of the weight lost by your training, meeting protein and nutritional requirements and the length of the diet.

I think your plan is fine. Do it. If you find you can lose more and faster and you are not sacrificing on the basics (protein, essential fats, fiber and vitamins) then it is your decision on whether you should go faster. If it's safe and you can handle it... This is your life. Live it safely.

Last edited by John Wayne Davids : 10-02-2017 at 09:05 AM.
Unread 10-02-2017, 09:04 AM

In regards to the binge issue: Why not slowly reduce calories by 100-200 per week until you reach your desired deficit?

Maybe your body needs time to adjust. I found that is the case for me, but I just stuck through it and the binging went away (there's also the fact that I might have been addicted to certain foods, which, therefore, caused the binging. Sugar is a good example.)
Unread 10-03-2017, 06:38 AM

I've tried it before, gradually reducing calories and it works well till i hit a plateau and have to make a further reduction.

Once i go less than 1300-1400 cals, i guarantee in less than 48 hours i'm binging so bad that i demolish everything i did the precedeng couple of months
Unread 10-14-2017, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeratul View Post
I've tried it before, gradually reducing calories and it works well till i hit a plateau and have to make a further reduction.

Once i go less than 1300-1400 cals, i guarantee in less than 48 hours i'm binging so bad that i demolish everything i did the precedeng couple of months
In that case, why are you looking at extremely low calories methods of losing fat?

You'd be better served with the slow and stead approach.