BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-09-2017, 08:27 AM

Default Cardio and RFL

I have seen the question asked several times, although not in this specific way. I am currently at the high end of Cat 1 and completing RFL for 11 days prior to vacation. I am supporting the Girls on the Run program and running 13 miles on Saturday for their Site to Start portion.

Should I eat ~1000 calories of complex carbs (i.e. rice, pasta) the day before in preparation or what would be the best approach?

Thanks for any advice!
Unread 05-09-2017, 01:00 PM

I'd say proper nutrition (i.e. maintenance for one or two days). Those are my 2 cents.
Unread 05-09-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
I'd say proper nutrition (i.e. maintenance for one or two days). Those are my 2 cents.
So if I estimate a 2200 calorie burn, increase carbs 1100 calories the two days before? Would that make sense
Unread 05-10-2017, 04:31 AM

I would increase calories before and after the run to make sure enough energy is available and to assist recovery. Not necessarily 2 days up front.

Explanation as to why I would do that:
Running for a long time together with RFL is probably too stressful. Personally I would prioritize decent performance, recovery and not feeling like crap on that specific day. Therefore, I would increase calories. It's up to you what priority you give to fat loss.
Unread 05-10-2017, 10:35 AM

That makes sense. I will be running at a slow pace albeit still almost 14 miles and 2 hours. I appreciate the suggestions and likely up it the day before, day of and day after to spread the calories.

Thanks!