BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-18-2018, 07:30 AM

Default Iím trying to establish what actually causes metabolic slowdown/adaptation

Looking for the more experienced folk to chime in here.

I’ve been dieting for god knows how long. But that’s the point - I’ve been spinning my wheels sort of dieting if that makes sense, for a few years now at least. What I mean by that is my body is always fluctuating weight. I would go extreme for a few weeks followed by bingeing for a few days.. back to extreme cutting for another week or so.. then maybe do a less aggressive cut for a week or so. Back to maybe eating a surplus for a few days.. and so on and so forth. I don’t think I’ve actually had a few months of consistent cutting followed by consistent maintaining consistent surplus.. So the question is what actually amplifies the metabolic rate adjusting or slowing down? Is it the diet or your weight?

5 years ago I had a coach, and we done this the standard IIFYM 1lbs a week sort of way with formal cardio a few times a week. The diet took six months and I was religiously in a deficit for this period with a refeed once a week. After the diet I knew for a fact my metabolic rate slowed down and my hunger was through the roof. Ended up gaining 2lbs a week with trying to maintain what I thought was my maintenance with a combination of binges. It wasn’t pretty.

I’ve had blood tests 3 times in the space of 18 months and each reading showed my thyroid drifting around the normal ranges. In fact my free t3 was identical on all the three readings. Is thyroid the best way to gage if or not metabolism has slowed down?

I really hope this question makes sense. Lol

Last edited by shredordie : 02-18-2018 at 07:33 AM.
Unread 02-18-2018, 07:36 AM

Hereís another way of asking this question

Man diets from 170 to 160 in a two month period give or take. Metabolism has adjusted to that new weight.

Man then binges back the 10lbs in a few weeks.
Is said persons metabolic rate the same it was at 170lbs?
Unread 02-19-2018, 02:09 PM

Hey Im wondering the same thing ive been on and off dieting for years and it seems that every time I try RFL its alot harder and slower of a process then the time before . I dont no if age is a factor Ive done rfl from 2010 at 26 years old all the way up to last Jan of 2017 at 33 years old. In jan of 2017 it took me a bit over a month to go from 260 to 240 , In contrast the first time I did RFL back in 2010 I lost 26 lb in exactly my first month