BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Guide to Flexible Dieting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-01-2010, 06:56 AM

Default Cheat Meals and Cat 3

Hello, I have both the Guide to Flexible Dieting and RFL books.

I am a Cat 3, starting RFL.

I understand the reasons for refeeds (psychological and physiological) and cheat meals - psychological - but could not find the section that discusses whether there is a *physiological* benefit to cheat meals for Cat 3s on RFL.

If anyone has a page number for reference, that would be great - thanks.

My concern was that for Cat 3s on RFL, it is such a short time window that I could not see how it could provide a physiological benefit.

Thanks, VL
Unread 04-01-2010, 06:59 AM
Administrator

a. Please call them 'free meals' for reasons discussed here and in the book
b. there is no discussion of physiological benefits to free meals becuase there is none. They are for adherence/psychological purposes. YOu know, the entire TOPIC of GFL. Which has been discussed on the forum and I'm fairly sure is in the book as well.
Unread 04-01-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VesperLynd View Post
My concern was that for Cat 3s on RFL, it is such a short time window that I could not see how it could provide a physiological benefit.

Thanks, VL
Like Lyle said, the purpose of the free meal is described in the book...My free meal(s) have been single meals , not periods of refeeding(completely different animal), that may be a bit higher in fat, as high in protein as possible, yet (for me) low in carbohydrate. Maybe a steak, a few hot wings, with extra veggies or a trip to the salad bar with a bit more cheese, bacon, "regular" dressing etc. I have found that by keeping carbs to a minimum (instead of eating that one piece of cake or other carb-laiden food) I can better manage my appetite and/or cravings....carbs make me crave peanut butter at 3:00 in the morning.....