BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Default Lifting 6 days/week for mass gains

Q&A on the main site
Unread 09-25-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:

If you’ve done heavy flat or incline bench you shouldn’t need much warmup for delts or triceps later on. This save further training time.
'saves'
Unread 09-26-2009, 05:23 AM
boatman

could a routine like this be feasible?

chest/front and side det/biceps
legs
back/rear delts/triceps
off
repeat

SO you have a rest day between each cycle. ANd would pairing bis with chest and tris with back be better here since you have the rest day or would you still want to do chest with tris and back with bis?
Unread 09-26-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
could a routine like this be feasible?

chest/front and side det/biceps
legs
back/rear delts/triceps
off
repeat

SO you have a rest day between each cycle. ANd would pairing bis with chest and tris with back be better here since you have the rest day or would you still want to do chest with tris and back with bis?
You're dangerously underweight and don't need any special routine. Squat bench row 3x week.
Unread 09-29-2009, 05:16 AM
Loaded

I remember you saying somewhere that you should stick with the same exercises so you can monitor progression, but for instance using this split could someone use certain exercises for chest/delt/tri on the first workout then do some different ones on the second chest/det/tri workout? Or should you just keep the exercises the same and maybe just vary the rep ranges?
Unread 09-29-2009, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loaded View Post
I remember you saying somewhere that you should stick with the same exercises so you can monitor progression, but for instance using this split could someone use certain exercises for chest/delt/tri on the first workout then do some different ones on the second chest/det/tri workout? Or should you just keep the exercises the same and maybe just vary the rep ranges?
Intuitively, I would say that you should do technical and/or new lifts more often (2x week) and the rest you could do only 1x week. But then, I personally don't see any need to use more than 4 different upper body compounds in the first place so there simply wouldn't be anything different to fill day 2 with, and nobody cares about curls.
Another idea would be to use heavy stuff (bench, push press) one day and lighter stuff (close grip bench, press) on the second day? Or one day light vertical and heavy horizontal push, the other day heavy vertical, light horizontal push … I'm just making stuff up tbh.
Unread 09-29-2009, 08:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loaded View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by thearticle
While I’m not generally a massive fan of exercise variation within a given training cycle (change them every 6-8 weeks, not every few workouts), different workouts of the week could be used to do different movements with this type of frequency
Unread 05-05-2010, 01:29 PM

I'm curious:
Has anyone here tried this w/ IF?
Unread 05-06-2010, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harper View Post
I'm curious:
Has anyone here tried this w/ IF?
I did. But not with IF; instead, warrior diet. And not exactly the 6x/week routine, more full body with extremely low volume. I was starting from essentially nothing, having just come from a long cycling stint, was on my feet about 8 hours each day, and was under tons of stress at work. Check the "Maintain, don't gain" long for more context. Can't say it didn't work, but it probably wasn't optimal. Probably, anything with similar total volume would have produced the same or better results.

From here:

.......................................Initial.... ........January............February.............Ma rch
Squat............................1x10@125........1 x10@155..........1x8@175...........1x8@195
Pull-up.............................1x10............... ...1x12.................1x12............1x8@BW+5
Deadlift........................1x10@145.......... 1x10@205..........1x10@230..........1x10@255
Dip...................................1x10........ ..1x10@BW+20........1x10@BW+35.....1x10@BW+40
Calf-raise .......................1x40@125..........1x40@155. .......1x40@175..........1x40@195
Shoulders..........................1x8@60......... .1x10@95..........1x10@105..........1x10@95
Hanging leg raise..................1x12...............1x15.... ............1x15.................1x15
EZ Curl............................1x10@75..........1 x10@85..........1x10@90..........1x10@95
DB triceps extension..........1x20@30..........1x10@50....... ...1x7@75.............1x10@75
Unread 11-17-2010, 08:26 PM

Lyle when you say Medium,Light,Heavy day...I understand the LIGHT day is for recovery.

But generally what is considered LIGHT?

Is a light day say a day were you lower the weight and use less weight, or is a light day were you do higher reps with less weight, or are you cutting the volume on that day?

Thanks