BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-31-2014, 06:39 PM

Default "Eating through" plateaus

I've seen this repeated a bunch of times on other forums and in my personal experience, I don't really think this works but i'd like some input on it.

Personally, I have just recently cut down to a fairly low bodyfat % in order to prep for an extensive bulk phase (which I envision to be 6-8 months). During this time period, I only wish to gain on average 2lbs per month (i've tried to do the whole 1lb/week for 4 months as per recommendation and got really fat).

Obviously I'll be seeing stalls over the course of my journey but i'm wondering if plateaus should be worked out by regulating training parameters (back-cycling, reducing volume) or increasing an already pre-existing caloric surplus?

I guess another way to put this would be, if a trainee were to eat 1000kcals over maintenance, would he/she experience a lower frequency of plateaus?

I'm well aware that eating more can in fact help recovery, but surely there is a limit as to how many calories can help with this, right?
Unread 07-31-2014, 07:50 PM
Administrator

Yes, there is a limit. Eating more beyond an optimal level usually just makes people fat.

Your question has no answer with the information provided. The specifics of the training, trainees training age and a host of other variables are going to affect whether you should adjust training or diet to fix a plateau.
Unread 08-01-2014, 10:54 AM

Considering you know the specifics and details best, you could attempt to find the answers by.....
google search this exact term "Lyle_McDonald_Generic_Bulking_Routine_FAQ"
Typically, the top search results will provide the PDF hosted on JC's website. Open the PDF and go nuts. Incredible info relative to bulking provided by lyle and other senior members. I use the find tool 'ctrl f' to quickly locate specific info I am looking for although the entire pdf is a great read.