BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-25-2018, 08:34 AM

Default Net Carbs & Fiber during Carb Load

Whats up guys and gals just have a quick question.

Currently on my 2nd week of UD2 and was wondering what the general consensus is on 'net carbs' and fiber intake when carb loading.

Last week I ate a little over 1,000g of CHO during the carb-load of which 150g came from fiber (love me some oats & sweet potato). Do I gotta overcompensate for eating so much fiber by upping my carbs or just not worry about it?

Anyway, loving UD2 so far
Unread 05-28-2018, 08:27 PM

I personally track both all and net carbs... making sure my net carbs cover my carb requirement for the load just to be on the safe side. A low-reside/ low fat diet is my goal during the load so as a general rule i try to hit max 40g of total fat and 10g of fiber per 1000 cals during the load... this fiber is on the low side but is a good bottom end number to shoot for. Play around with it and see what works best for you. I tend to transition from sugary carbs and eat more fiber on the back end of the load. This helps ween me off of the sugar and transition me back to a higher residue cutting diet. As long as you are able to eat the total carbs required for the load without the fiber getting in the way i see nothing wrong with it. ��

Last edited by neokahn : 05-28-2018 at 08:30 PM.
Unread 06-02-2018, 10:06 AM

Thanks for the input! I've been lowering the amount of fiber for this weeks carb load so I don't have to worry about all that.

One thing I noticed in the book is that Lyle doesn't mention salt/sodium intake at all. I've started getting into pancakes for the carb loads but they have stupid amounts of sodium haha but besides extra water retention this shouldn't be a big deal right?