BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-07-2015, 01:48 AM

Default One-man Pizza Pity Parties, Bagels, Ice Cream, Cereal and wait, why am I not 10% yet?

A little background first I guess. I had a slight episode a month and a bit ago which made me pile on about 5-6lbs in a couple weeks. Woops. Work had referred me to a therapist because I cried during a one-to-one with my line manager (lol), and I took it on myself to go to the doc who gave me a script for 20mg citalopram. Was sceptical that either would help. Still not sold on therapy now that I've finished, but the low-dose of meds? Honestly? I now feel fantastic. Here was me not convinced that depression was even a thing, let alone a thing that I had. Bless my ignorance .

I've never tried logging my progress where others can see. I normally keep my dieting and training to myself, which gives me room when things get tough to completely go off the rails and put me back to where I started. So here's me trying something new. I'm ready to finally break through to a level of leanness that I'm happy with. Let's give it a number and call it 10% BF. Here goes.

Diet
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1K...ew?usp=sharing

Tends to be pretty similar day to day. Will switch out things here or there, less marinade, fish or eggs instead of beef, different flavoured protein powder, different cereal. Roughly 1,900 calories most days, but can go up or down depending on whether or not I move loads. Not all too exciting, but works for me. Will incorporate a 5-hour refeed or free meal once a week, whenever I feel myself slipping. Normally Wednesday after training legs.

Training
GBR - Tues/Wed, Sat/Sun

Upper:
Barbell Bench 3x6-8
Lying T-Bar Row 3x6-8
Incline Bench 2x10-12
Chin-ups 2x10-12
Tricep Rope Extensions 2x12-15
Barbell Curl 2x12-15

Lower A:
Deadlift 3x6-8
Leg Press 3x6-8
Leg Extensions 2x10-12
Leg curls 2x10-12
Seated Calf Raise 2x12-15
Standing DB Calf Raise 2x12-15

Lower B:
Low-bar Squat 3x6-8
RDL 3x6-8
Leg Extensions 3x10-12
Leg Curl 3x10-12
Seated Calf Raise 2x12-15
Standing DB Calf Raise 2x12-15

Don't do an Upper B. Don't like training back before benching or doing incline bench first. I'm laying off the deadlifts and squats for 2 weeks because I'm an idiot and almost tore my back in half warming up doing deadlifts 3 days ago. Trouble was caused by underhand BB rows, too much weight and not good form for about 8 weeks running, exacerbated by all the lower back work I was doing afterwards on lower days. Tried to deadlift the day after previous upper, popped my lower-mid back, was quite scary. I've decided I'm never doing BB rows again, sticking to chest supported!

Progress
Day 1 - 155.4lbs (5'8, 22 y/o)

Have been dieting successfully the past 4 weeks, but figure I'll start with the latest progress shot, and call this day 1. Feeling good, energy levels are high.

Week 4 front shot:

Here we go.
Unread 06-10-2015, 12:35 AM

Day 5 - 157.0lbs (+1.6)
Had my free meal last night. Decided to free meal instead of refeed because my workouts feel about as hard as I could get on the first few weeks of citalopram without being able to squat/deadlift, don't really feel I need the carbs.

Had planned a medium Domino's chicken bbq pizza with some of their cookies for dessert, with bonus Game of Thrones S5 episode 9 while I crammed myself full. Was craving cookies more than the pizza . Soft limit was about 2,000 calories for the meal, which would put me at around 3,000 kcals for the day or ~400 above maintenance.

..Decided against Domino's when I saw the prices. Absolute robbery! Decided for a bigger bbq chicken pizza with some bacon and pepperoni instead of dessert from one of the local joints. I rarely order pizza, turns out 13" is ENORMOUS. Succulent, greasy, BBQ-y, dotted with those adorable little squares of bacon. I ate it all. No man of right mind would have done otherwise. Then washed it down with a few bowls of shreddies because I was still craving something sweet, putting the spoon down as Daenerys soared out of the fighting pits on Drogon, kind of symbolizing my diet at that moment. Whoops .

Going to replace a few meals with chewing gum, diet ginger beer and ephedrine today and add some LISS later. Next time will stick with the 9" chicken pizza and some cookies. Haha! Woke up feeling incredible today besides being a bit puffy. Ready to rock.

Last edited by BigBearBits : 06-10-2015 at 12:49 AM.
Unread 06-11-2015, 01:08 AM

Day 6 - 154.0lbs (-3.0lbs)

Woosh. Trained lower in the AM, went for a walk at lunch, did an hour of cardio on the bike at home. Deficit of about 2,000 calories, not hungry or tired at any point. Had to almost force some yogurt down before bed. What a good day! Potential for new weekly 13" BBQ bacon chicken pepperoni pizza and cereal diet protocol?!

Back to normal eating today. Easy as can be!
Unread 06-12-2015, 01:21 AM

Day 7 - 154.3lbs (+0.3lbs)
Weekly Loss: 1.1lbs

Up a bit again from eating some carbs. That's a solid weekly loss for someone as light as me, but already I'm being bombarded by negative thoughts. 'Is that all?! You'll be dieting for months at this rate!' Well, no kidding brain. Perhaps if you didn't go off the rails at the slightest provocation and stuck it out you'd not be in this situation.

Shia LeBouf put it well: 'If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up. JUST DO IT. Gnruuugjh (various sounds while crab stancing)'.

In lighter news, introduced single-legged leg press on Wednesday as replacement until I can squat again. What an amazing movement! No need to load a hundred plates, can feel every muscle above my knee to my glutes being worked. Will definitely be using these when I start gaining mass.

On we go!
Unread 06-12-2015, 01:21 AM

Day 7 - 154.3lbs (+0.3lbs)
Weekly Loss: 1.1lbs

Up a bit again from eating some carbs. That's a solid weekly loss for someone as light as me, but already I'm being bombarded by negative thoughts. 'Is that all?! You'll be dieting for months at this rate!' Well, no kidding brain. Perhaps if you didn't go off the rails at the slightest provocation and stuck it out you'd not be in this situation.

Shia LeBouf put it well: 'If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up. JUST DO IT. (Various barely audible breathy sounds while crab stancing)'.

In lighter news, introduced single-legged leg press on Wednesday as replacement until I can squat again. What an amazing movement! No need to load a hundred plates, can feel every muscle above my knee to my glutes being worked. More so today, two days later - struggled to get out of bed. Will definitely be using these when I start gaining mass.

On we go! Again!

Last edited by BigBearBits : 06-12-2015 at 01:25 AM.
Unread 06-13-2015, 12:44 AM

Day 8 - 157.4lbs (+3.1lbs)
So yesterday I was a bit of a negative Nancy. Got to the night and I piled down a bunch of oaty whey because why not. Got damn ON casein so delicious. Not too severe, about 4,500 kcals total for the day.

That's two 'binges' in a week, which to me smacks of not eating enough. Nothing had upset me emotionally during the day, was just a bit bored, a bit tired and a bit ravenous. I've been calculating the stationary bike session calorie burn at about 70% of what calculators are telling me and not wearing my fitbit to keep my habit of walking absolutely everywhere in check. Hmm! Maybe up to 2,000 instead of 1850 calories, or less time on the stationary bike while reading and playing games at home.

Back to the ephedrine cupboard today. I've stopped taking it every day because it gives me some wicked anxiety after regular use. Just for emergencies. Remember when you first started taking it? The infinite energy, the non existent appetite? I get that again. The dishes are going to be splotless today.

No setbacks, I'm fasting today again. I'm away to Turkey for two weeks in July and don't want to be wearing a t-shirt in the pool. Was so easy to 'fast' on Wednesday after my pizza party, I'm actually looking forward to today. Whoah now, kind of sounds like eating disorder. I'm in control guys! Really!
Unread 06-13-2015, 03:26 AM

Almost forgot, picture progress for this week:

Front: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1K...ew?usp=sharing
Side:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1K...ew?usp=sharing
Back:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1K...ew?usp=sharing

Oats and whey, more like.. bloats and whey. Amor fati.
Unread 06-14-2015, 12:34 AM

Day 9 - 156.4(-1lbs)

Mistakes were made. Having work to do from 9-5 apparently makes fasting a lot easier. Another valuable lesson learned. Yesterday was a rollercoaster ride of blood sugar swings, flash sweats and feelings of general malaise. Ended up eating enough to make a normal ~600 kcal deficit rather than the big 2,000+ one I had in mind. Made it until the night with a great struggle, but woke up at 11pm and couldn't sleep. Had to eat some carbs, ain't no abs worth that kind of suffering.

That was a waste of a Saturday, I'll admit. The most strenuous thing I could manage was reading Warcraft novels hidden in the libraries of my Kindle that I've never touched, most light activity I could think of. Dawn of the Aspects is a terribly boring series just FYI. How do you even manage to make a series about hammer wielding titanic world creators, cannibalistic zombie dragons, arch-magi and powerful ancient magical artifacts a dull read? Seriously, dude.

Back to the drawing board with the diet today to get the binging under control. More fats, and up to 1,900 average instead of 1,800. See how it goes, might move up to 2,000 next week depending how I feel.

Plan for majority of this week:

I'm not happy with my fruit and veg intake recently. 100g berries, 170g of broccoli, 100g of spinach, and that's it. Sure I'm getting some spillover from the salsas, seasonings and marinades, but not enough to cover all of my bases I think. Would like to double the volume. Introduce some sweet potato, peppers, onions, some bananas and/or kiwis. The problem is there's just no darn room without adding lots of cardio or removing food that I ENJOY, which is extremely important in the long term.

I'll have a think today, see if I can cut some things out or make some substitutions that won't leave me feeling deprived. Yuk dieting.
Unread 06-14-2015, 05:13 PM

I like the user name. Maybe I missed it, but what are your goals for this diet? You seem pretty lean already.
Unread 06-15-2015, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLeanAdventurePlus View Post
I like the user name. Maybe I missed it, but what are your goals for this diet? You seem pretty lean already.
Down to 10% body fat while maintaining sanity. Ha, thanks. Still a good 10lbs to drop before I'm happy though I think.

Day 10 - 155.4lbs(-1.0lbs)

Have a health check today at work. Measuring bodyfat, simulated VO2 max, stress response and a bunch of other stuff. No caffeine or food allowed until once I'm done at about 1pm. Feeling slow this morning!