BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Stubborn Fat Solution
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-22-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
I have several working hypotheses on what's causing this but am not ready to spill my ideas just yet

simply recognizes that this is not an unheard of pattern

women with seemingly high daily requirements will

a. lose ok with very small deficits
b. lose nothing with moderate to large deficits
c. lose fine with massive deficits

that's my next big project to tackle now that stubborn fat is done: why women show such wonky responses. and, of course, how to fix it
Lyle,

By "massive" do you mean the type created by something like the Rapid Fat Loss plan? a 1000-2000 calorie deficit per day?

Unfortunately, I believe I am one of these ladies.
Unread 04-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Administrator

Yes, the RFL deficit would be considered massive.

And don't be sad - knowing is half the battle, seriously, because you can plan accordingly:

- Either accept a slower weight loss (to quantify this we'd need to know your starting point - a small loss for a 130 lb woman is very different vs. someone starting at 190 lb; the former may see even less than a pound a week, the latter can get away with more) and proceed with a small deficit; OR

- Follow a more aggressive plan, creating a massive deficit with something like the RFL ... paying very close attention to the need for refeeds and diet breaks to avoid running into problems.
Unread 04-22-2008, 07:08 PM

Thank you so much for the response, Sarah. You are right, having Lyle just say it like that was a huge validation for me since I have been struggling for so long and so many "experts" say the weight loss stall at 500-700 calorie deficit a day is impossible!

I currently weigh 134. I do not know my current body fat --I suspect and hope it is below 24% as it was 23.6% 3 years ago via DEXA when I was 3 pounds heavier and just starting to get fit. Since then I've come a long way with lots of cardio, weights and can see more muscle definition.

I am getting another DEXA scan next week. At that point I will decide whether to do the RFL, and I will know exactly where I am to start. I'm also trying to save my pennies to work with some trainers here that've been recommended by someone I trust and admire!

It is so difficult with the tiny losses because as Lyle pointed out, it can easily be masked or mistaken by water flucuations.

Thank you again.
Unread 04-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldRuler View Post
It is so difficult with the tiny losses because as Lyle pointed out, it can easily be masked or mistaken by water flucuations.

Thank you again.
You're welcome. I've been there; it IS frustrating ... just means dieting smarter
Unread 04-29-2008, 06:19 PM

Default getting the deficit through burning it off - also yohimbe

It sounds like I'm sure not the only one frustrated this way. In my case, I'm probably around 115 now,b ut I figure at 12% I would be about 111. Yeah, yeah, those of you much higher will go, 'What are you complaining about!?' I can't even talk to my friends about this because they would roll their eyes. I do want to be leaner, tho.

Last June I decided to just give an entire year to figuring it all out on myself. That means taking the ups and downs and mostly the education that comes with it. Because no matter how you slice it, we are all a little different, and the real challenge comes from discovering what your own maintenance level of calories is, what your best ratio is (and that can even change for a woman during the month, I find), and how to get the deficit you need to drop some fat.

And a year ago I realized I just could not drop 500 out of my daily needs. Someone my size-you're talking eating way too little and so shooting yourself in the foot by messing up your metabolism. I have to realize that the leaner I am, the more modest and slow true fat loss needs to be for me. Yes, it's taking long, but I'm tweaking and tweaking and getting closer. Right now I am keeping my intake between 1400-1650 plus lots of exercise daily. 6 days a week I get 500-600 cardio plus weights. 3x a week 200-300 karate, then there's walks and such as that with my kids which I don't really 'count' but it's still daily activity. And housework.

The ratio tweaking seems to be the hardest part. I've come to realize, tho, that I 'do best' with between 30-40% carbs, and most of those fibrous. Maybe 3 servings a day I have 'good' starch ones, and very limited portions. I am timing the food, too, around workouts and such. I heard about a book called 'Nutrient Timing' which I look at sometimes. Lyle's book has really given me the guts of the stuff I've been craving to read about for ages and ages! I want to know exactly what's going on, even on the cellular level, so that I can better understand and remember how to eat what, when. Too many servings of starchier things and I retain water,w hich makes me feel bloaty and good night, the way the legs look then! I can give up starches so quickly to not have that!

I'm feeling leaner this morning. I use skin calipers and tape measure mostly.
Lyle, since I do not have my yohimbine hcl yet (ordered it the other day), I have tried using about 1/3 capsule of the yohimbe extract (1000 mg) powder plus 2 L-Tyrosines (1000 mg together) about 1 hour before a 1hour cardio on the elliptical. I use a Polar hrm, and often spike my hr to the 170 point, then down into the 150s and up again, sometimes styaing in the 160s awhile. I use 3lb handweights too, to help bump up my heartrate to where I want it. Well, using the yohimbe, I can definitely detect a difference. It's hard to describe, but I'm so afraid of using any drug that I worry a bit. I was almost shocked today at how FAST my hr rose when I got on the elliptical. Wow, it went up really quickly-I know that had to be an effect of the powder, because Lyle's book tells you it will make your hr go up about 15 bpm more from the same exertion. So, I just kept the hrm at between, say, 150 and 165, (which would have been a moderate workout level of 135-150 for me)..sometimes I didn't feel wonderful at 165 and would come down some, but I held it the entire hour. I drank lots of water and kept breathing very evenly.

Lyle, when I get the yohimbine hcl in, and take about 10mg (for my bodyweight), will I feel the way I do using the powder, or will I feel my heart is racing? Iwill not do this very much..just curious to see if this particular protocol might bump the fat burning up a little faster.

Can any others report whether the way I feel taking the yohimbe is fairly average? Can it hurt to move the heartrate into the 160-165 range, Lyle, since that's a little bit higher than just moderate ? Without the yohimbe I can do that and it feels pretty good, but with it it doesn't feel quite as nice as without it. However, I definintely don't have to exert myself as much, and I don't seem actually to sweat quite as many buckets either!

Thanks, Pegleg
Unread 04-30-2008, 02:10 PM

Default yohimbine hcl came !

Yippee...that stuff I ordered from 1fast400 the other day just came in. Can't wait to try it tomorrow.
Pegleg