BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-20-2017, 12:27 PM

Default Chunky to Hunky - RFL Round #3

Hey All! I am back for round 3 of RFL. Round 2 was a little anticlimactic, so I plan to get a little more serious about this round.

Link to last round log: https://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=33248

Current Stats:
38 y.o. F cat 3
weight: 203.5
BF%: +\- 37% (128lbs lean)
waist: 37"

A little background: lost a bunch of weight in 2015 on RFL, but then gained a bunch back (long story, pretty sure i told it in past logs...). Going more slowly this time with lots of breaks, max 10% loss before a break, and making sure I don't have trouble maintaining over the breaks to build up confidence that I won't balloon up again. So far, so good. Also, I have a slight complication in that I am in the middle of a six food elimination diet (SFED) for medical reasons. The good news is that I am currently testing dairy so that means PROTEIN SHAKES (yesssssss!). It is so much easier to do RFL when you can grab a protein shake when you are short on time or haven't planned appropriately.

So I am thinking I will get into cat 2 this round, which is very exciting. This is when I start to feel pretty good again, begin to not be invisible to the opposite sex, acquaintances notice I have slimmed down, etc. - I plan to go until the end of July, then I have my 10 yr uni class reunion (out of town for the weekend) so that seems a good time to break. I hope to lose around 20lbs by then, but realistically I usually hit about 15lbs in that timeframe. I tend not to be too hard on myself if I fall off the wagon toward the end either, I figure maybe my body knows something I don't when I start finding it amazingly hard to stick to the diet all of a sudden.

I am not quite as excited for the actual diet this time as i was last time, but I AM quite excited for the results!! Here we go!
Unread 06-21-2017, 11:21 AM

Default Day 2!

Good Morning!

Stats:
Weight: 202.4 (-1.1 / -1.1)
Waist: 37" (-0.0 / -0.0)

Workout: None. Been fighting a sore throat so just getting as much sleep as i can this week

Yesterday's Nutrition: (I actually started logging already - this is a good sign!)
cals: 981
carb: 27
fat: 51
prot: 90

Feeling great today - it's a beautiful day and yesterday seriously did not feel like a diet. Up until dinner i basically ate the same thing i eat every day anyway, except for substituting a protein shake for my breakfast. It's always great when your diet doesn't feel like a diet. and I hit closer to my protein goals than I probably did all last round! again, bless the protein shake.
Unread 06-22-2017, 09:34 AM

Default Day 3

Stats:
Weight: 200.0 (-2.4 / -3.5)

Workout: None

Yesterday's Nutrition:
cals: 1018
carb: 42
fat: 59
prot: 81

Macros were pretty bad yesterday and I didn't even log as faithfully as usual, so carbs were probably even higher (ate chili for dinner and only logged the ground turkey, not the tomatoes or spices). Since my old calorie logger went under, it has been a bit of a pain to recreate all my meals and recipes on MFP. I have been a little lazy on this front, probably because I'm not that serious about logging except to get my macros while on RFL. But that somehow didn't seem to matter, and I am well on my way back to the 190's, so that is exciting, and also a great motivator to not screw up the weekend
Unread 06-22-2017, 07:26 PM

It will be exciting to dip back under the 200 lbs mark! I am working my way down there still as well. Good luck to you
Unread 06-23-2017, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadQueen View Post
It will be exciting to dip back under the 200 lbs mark! I am working my way down there still as well. Good luck to you
Thanks QuadQueen! I am definitely excited, it's a pretty good 'landmark' I have been following your log - great job so far! I can't wait until I get down around 25% BF; great accomplishment!
Unread 06-23-2017, 09:50 AM

Default Day 4

Stats:
Weight: 198.3 (-1.7 / -5.2)

Yesterday's Nutrition:
cals: 868
carb: 26
fat: 40
prot: 84

Another solid weight drop, and I haven't been super strict with diet yet either. Not sure why the old bod is cooperating so well to be honest! But I guess gift horse, mouth. It's all about the inches anyway. My tape moved about a 1/4" this morning, so still waiting on some distinct progress there. Have a great weekend, everyone
Unread 06-27-2017, 10:04 AM

Default day 8

Stats:
Weight: 202.7 (+4.4 / -0.8)

I am not feeling too great about myself today. The weekend started off well, I declined an invite to a big party saturday night, had a small 'free meal' snack, but then sunday went all to H-E-double hockey sticks. ate a 'free meal' breakfast and then my friend and I decided to raft the river in the afternoon (includes drinks) and then had dinner (food + drinks) and I just had a complete failing of will all day. then yesterday I was invited for a really nice lunch with a friend who is moving away and it compounded further. I did choose a salad, but it was really filling, and THEN another friend txts that she has left her husband and need a place to stay (and wine obviously). so yes. a completely bad couple of days! Now I am all fat and puffy and retaining water and really bummed about the scale and pretty much STARTING OVER anyway, back to it. ugh, why are weekends so difficult.
Unread 06-28-2017, 10:09 AM

Default Day 9

Stats:
Weight: 199.7 (-3.3 / -4.1)
Waist: 36.5" (-0.5 / -0.5)

Workout: Knee Rehab Run - had to cut way back. Have not run in about 3 weeks. I was doing 2 and 1's in May and then decided to jump to 5 minutes running, 2.5 walk with the same total volume and that started a cascade of knee pain that has been the last month. Cut back to 3 and 2's the next couple runs and again had to take the time off so I went back to the last time I ran without screwing myself over and started there! So far, so good. We will see how it feels tomorrow.

Yesterday's Nutrition:
cals: 1006
carb: 17
fat: 46
prot: 91

Back on track today. Also feeling extra good that I started to work out again. Somehow I have so much trouble motivating myself to lift. I don't know why, because I like the actual activity well enough, and love the results and feeling strong. But getting started somehow is so much more difficult that running. I actually LOVE running, even though I suck at it (even before my knee f'd up) lol. Maybe that's the thing - I'm not good, so it is a constant challenge and I'm always increasing each time. I find with lifting I can't add weight every time, obviously, so maybe it's that lack of instant improvement/ feedback/ feeling of accomplishment...
Unread 06-29-2017, 01:08 PM

Default Day 10

Stats:
Weight: 198.3 (-1.4 / -5.5)
Waist: 36.0" (-0.5 / -1.0)

Workout: Full Body Workout A - squats, bench press (sub flys), seated rows (sub dumbell rows)

Yesterday's Nutrition:
cals: 883
carb: 38
fat: 26
prot: 111

0% greek yoghurt + vanilla protein powder = best breakfast ever and I finally hit my protein goal!

So today I am right back where I was last Friday. 1 bad and 1 medium day and I lost almost an entire week's progress. What I tend to find though, now that I have done about 100 rounds of RFL (), is that although at the start I get great water loss like everyone else, as soon as I have a free meal I gain 2 lbs in water but I don't seem to purge it again. If I assume just under 1/2 lb/day fat loss, and even correct for no loss on the free meal day, I never get back to where I would have been had I not had the meal. I just seem to start losing 1/2lb/day again from the weight I am the day after, like as if the gain is not water at all... these meals should not make such a big difference but I find they really set me back. But if I try to put them off, I end up crazy bingeing! So two steps forward, 1 step back it is. I DO have until August to lose this 20lbs so gotta just ride the wave lol. My RFL mantra is "Don't think, just do." If I start to think, it goes: "I'll be this weight tomorrow, then this weight the next day, and if I don't have a free meal....." Bla bla and then I end up disappointed somehow. Like the scale going down every day is not enough! Humans - never satisfied!! Each day of this is tough but it always works out in the end
Unread 06-30-2017, 09:47 AM

Default Day 11

Stats:
Weight: 199.9 (+1.6 / -3.9)
Waist: 36.0" (-0.0 / -1.0)

Workout: Rest Day

Yesterday's Nutrition: (free meal)
cals: 1581
carb: 86
fat: 74
prot: 99