BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Stubborn Fat Solution
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-26-2014, 06:38 PM

Default Massaging fat for improved circulation / fat mobilization

Hi Lyle,

I finished reading the Stubborn Fat Solution and I wonder whether massaging / pinching the fat area (e.g. love handles) while exercising (e.g. cycling) would improve local circulation helping with stubborn fat mobilization.

Does that make sense even if benefit is small?

Thanks in advance,
Caio
Unread 12-03-2014, 05:10 AM

I know of no evidence whatsoever that would suggest this to be useful.
Unread 12-03-2014, 07:54 AM

Don't be lazy.

just do ur cardio, get ur protein, eat ur veggies, and you'll be skinny in no tiem at all
Unread 12-03-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugsaredrugs View Post
Don't be lazy.

just do ur cardio, get ur protein, eat ur veggies, and you'll be skinny in no tiem at all
Not being lazy at all. In fact I'm the opposite. I'm just curious and eager to learn, that's all.

On top of that, the better knowledge we have better chances we succeed in a short period of time. I don't want to step in details and divert from the main topic, but the protocols in the book are an example of applied science and on the 4th protocol (SF 2.0) we see everything working together to bring the best to people interested like us.

Therefore, I think the more knowledge we aggregate, the better and of course I'm dieting, exercising and doing all the standard procedures for someone interested in bodybuilding. I read the book from cover to end and I'm doing everything, so please don't post "easy answers".

Today I did some research on the topic and I found this by the way:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21577019
Unread 12-03-2014, 11:02 PM

Lyle did make a small remark about those waist trimmer belts in the book but never really expanded upon it. It was phrased as if it was a guess.

What I took away from the comment was that the increased temperature from these sweat belts does increase blood flow. That would logically relate back to adipose tissue blood flow, which as you know, is a necessary condition to free up fatty acids from stored triglycerides.

I don't think he followed up too much on the comment because there is no real research that suggest these belts would work that way. There may be another variable in there with them that invalided the logical chain I just explained. Who knows, nobody without some evidence to back it up with.

That being said I did add one to my Christmas list this year, would be a good $11 stocking stuffer, plus I needed something cheap to include on my list for my poor 16 year old sister-in-law to get me. It can't hurt
Unread 12-04-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannPM View Post
Lyle did make a small remark about those waist trimmer belts in the book but never really expanded upon it. It was phrased as if it was a guess.

What I took away from the comment was that the increased temperature from these sweat belts does increase blood flow. That would logically relate back to adipose tissue blood flow, which as you know, is a necessary condition to free up fatty acids from stored triglycerides.

I don't think he followed up too much on the comment because there is no real research that suggest these belts would work that way. There may be another variable in there with them that invalided the logical chain I just explained. Who knows, nobody without some evidence to back it up with.

That being said I did add one to my Christmas list this year, would be a good $11 stocking stuffer, plus I needed something cheap to include on my list for my poor 16 year old sister-in-law to get me. It can't hurt
Hi Dann,

Thanks a lot for contributing. It makes sense. Well, there is not scientific evidence (at least that we could find) however it makes sense from a logic perspective. Massaging the area as well as covering it with something would generate heat meaning less vasoconstriction = greater blood flow.

I guess the thing is, as you said, it doesn't hurt trying that out.
In case you find a scientific evidence or want to further contribute to this post, feel free to.

I'm just curious how we could prove that massaging would work.
Maybe doing two days the same cardio routine (assuming same food was taken during the periods) and take blood to measure FFA available with and without the massage?

Thanks,
Caio
Unread 12-12-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caio1985 View Post
Hi Lyle,

I finished reading the Stubborn Fat Solution and I wonder whether massaging / pinching the fat area (e.g. love handles) while exercising (e.g. cycling) would improve local circulation helping with stubborn fat mobilization.

Does that make sense even if benefit is small?

Thanks in advance,
Caio
It can be motivating if you shout "keep going you fat tub of lard" while you pinch them

RFL Round 2 Log (ended 10/25/2013)

UD2.0 Log (started 12/29/13)
Unread 12-12-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOAMattD View Post
It can be motivating if you shout "keep going you fat tub of lard" while you pinch them
Is this supposed to be funny?

This thread isn't supposed to be a joke. Usually people underestimate massage just because there are lots of people promising miraculous stuff out of it however it may have its benefits as I'm trying to find out scientifically.

That said I would avoid posting teenagers jokes here. Lyle's book is focused on science and I guess the forums should reflect that.

If you don't want to contribute please stay away from here and save your time.
Unread 12-12-2014, 03:45 PM

So are you thinking of a belt of some sort? Doing the massage with your own hands seems frustratingly inconvenient IMO.

In my experience the body heats up in stubborn fat areas quite considerably doing the protocols and further heat just seems unnecessary. Sometimes it even feels like my lower abs are on fire. While dieting however, I often find these areas to be extremely cold at other times, suggesting it would be more beneficial to massage the areas then.

For me though, I don't think it's worth the effort / money

My dear diary log, Starting November 2015
UD2 log January-March 2014 ; Random updates
Unread 12-12-2014, 04:50 PM

Here ya go....

http://atomictoasters.com/2012/04/wh...loss-machines/