BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-12-2017, 08:22 AM

Default Your Bulk/Cut Annual Plan

Curious if people have a set approach to bulking and cutting each year or if it varies depending on the mood?

My ultimate goal over the long term is to get both leaner and bigger. I'm at a decent bodyfat % now (14-16%) where I feel like I can accomplish this. Not by tmrw, but over multiple years. Understanding that I'm not at 10 or 12% which is optimal for bulking, I lean towards more dieting.

So for example, I try and back into my bulking and cutting periods by first putting a stake in the ground for summer -- This is when I want to look my best for the year. If that's the case, my periods breakdown as follows (roughly with maintenance here and there):

* Summer: Maintenance. Enjoy what I have, have fun.
* September: Mini cut to get rid of some summer fat gain.
* October & November: Bulk. Starting to get cold in the NE. May as well eat, enjoy turkey dinner.
* December: Mini cut until holidays. Maintenance around Xmas/New Years.
* January & February: Bulk. Cold. Eat. Lift.
* March - June: Hard core diet. Prepare for summer.

Again this is rough. And life tends to get in the way of best laid plans.

One big question I have is, are the bulk periods even long enough? I'd rather gain slowly vs. risk a ton of weight gain. I'm approaching 50 so I need to be careful. My hormones aren't what they used to be.

Last year, I started at a higher bodyfat % and pretty much dieted from Sept - May with maintenance breaks in between. Don't think that makes sense now.

Anyways, curious if this at all makes sense or if this is a rough plan that basically has me spinning my wheels.

Thanks.

KY