BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-02-2015, 12:45 PM

Default Ephedrine caffeine stack in smaller doses?

I saw this article that recommends spreading out the ephedrine caffeine stack in smaller doses:

"Well, ephedrine also has a very short half-life, only about 3-4 hours. Keep in mind that this does not mean that ephedrine levels are high for the full 3-4 hours. In reality, they will peak early and then begin to decline quite rapidly. So if you are taking ephedrine every 4 hours, levels are pretty low for most of that time. Whatís the solution? Simple. Take ephedrine at least every 2 hours. You will find in doing so that you donít get the hills and valleys in your mood either. NOTE: if you are taking 20 mg ephedrine with 200 mg caffeine every 4 hours, you should half the dose to take it every 2 hours. That way you are still taking the same total amount over the course of the day. You will be surprised at how such a small change can dramatically improve the experience and results of using ephedrine and caffeine."

Any thoughts on this? I am curious if it's a negligible difference, if any at all. Would be great to hear Lyle's view. I know Lyle recommends 20mg EC / 200mg caffeine but I don't know if there's any magic to taking the 20mg altogether in each dose or if it's just for convenience.
Unread 06-02-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbs View Post
I saw this article that recommends spreading out the ephedrine caffeine stack in smaller doses:

"Well, ephedrine also has a very short half-life, only about 3-4 hours. Keep in mind that this does not mean that ephedrine levels are high for the full 3-4 hours. In reality, they will peak early and then begin to decline quite rapidly. So if you are taking ephedrine every 4 hours, levels are pretty low for most of that time. Whatís the solution? Simple. Take ephedrine at least every 2 hours. You will find in doing so that you donít get the hills and valleys in your mood either. NOTE: if you are taking 20 mg ephedrine with 200 mg caffeine every 4 hours, you should half the dose to take it every 2 hours. That way you are still taking the same total amount over the course of the day. You will be surprised at how such a small change can dramatically improve the experience and results of using ephedrine and caffeine."

Any thoughts on this? I am curious if it's a negligible difference, if any at all. Would be great to hear Lyle's view. I know Lyle recommends 20mg EC / 200mg caffeine but I don't know if there's any magic to taking the 20mg altogether in each dose or if it's just for convenience.
I do that when I use E. It does attenuate the sides a bit (although those go away after a few weeks use IME) at the expense of it being a little more annoying to take 6 doses.

If you go this route, I found Jet-Alert brand 100 mg caffeine online (amazon) to minimize the pill splitting. I have never seen that dosage in person.
Unread 06-02-2015, 10:39 PM

Did you notice any difference in fat loss? Thanks for the caffeine recommendation.
Unread 06-03-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbs View Post
Did you notice any difference in fat loss? Thanks for the caffeine recommendation.
No.
Unread 06-06-2015, 02:12 PM

Pro's:
Less of the jitters and absolutely wired feeling that you'll get upon initially doing 20/200. The negative aspects of that feeling usually fades with a couple days of usage though...

Con's:
A bigger pain in the rear dosing schedule. That never goes away.

Par's:
Metabolic effects will be materially the same.

Real world thoughts - I only skimmed the linked article but the first and third points to take home were garbage. Keeping carbs low isn't going to boost fat loss versus keeping fat low in an iso-caloric scenario.

Dosing 6 times a day with "half" doses isn't going to yield any more of a real world effect than dosing 3 times a day with the standard 20/200. I could probably make an argument with supporting literature that 20/200, 3 times a day will be more effective because the boost to the metabolic rate at peak levels overcomes the more drawn out 10/100 6 times a day.

- Louis C. K.

Last edited by Professor Chaos : 06-06-2015 at 02:25 PM.