BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-27-2018, 04:03 PM

Default If weekly calories are same, does it matter how they are spaced out?

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but I'm not exactly sure how to search for it either. If you eat 50% maintenance M-W and eat at maintenance for the remaining four days, would there be any real world difference in terms of metabolism, fat, and muscle loss if you spread it equally every day? Or if you just ate nothing for two non consecutive days and ate about maintenance for the remaining days.

Basically if weekly calories are the same, barring something super extreme, would it make any real world difference?
Unread 02-27-2018, 04:44 PM

If your talking about weight gain/loss, there shouldn't be any significant difference.
Fasting affects the metabolism a little.
Muscle/fat loss is dependent on whether or not you are eating enough protein and/or doing strength training.

Last edited by Twitchy : 02-27-2018 at 04:47 PM.
Unread 02-28-2018, 08:51 AM

I often wonder about this since I tend to eat significantly under maintenance early in the week and then come the weekend I eat over maintenance (while also lifting heavier).

By the end of the week (or weekend), I'm thinking, yup, I'm fatter despite on a weekly basis I've hit maintenance. I'm sure it has a lot to do with re-filling glycogen. Then, by the following Wednesday I'm thinking, the opposite.
Unread 03-01-2018, 11:35 PM

Personally I feel that uneven eating is more natural somehow than eating like a machine. just my thoughts...