BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-30-2018, 07:36 AM

Default Elbow Tendonitis

Have had this for a few weeks. Outside of the elbow, not inside.

Pain experienced with gripping (duh). Oddly enough, the pain is almost non-existent if my palm is facing up. If palm is down or in a neutral position...pain. What gives me the most pain: "Pinching" movement. For example, using thumb and finger to squeeze toothpaste out of the bottle.

I'm doing the following and haven't seen a ton of progress:

1. Eccentric wrist curls: Holding 5-8lb dumbells for a few seconds then lowering slowly.

2. Wrist Rotations: Taking weighted bar, holding vertically, then rotating left and right.

3. Theraband "Red Tube" -- Purchased one of these. 3 sets 15 per day.

4. Self Massage: Elbow...meet racketball. Racketball...meet wall. Press hard.

5. Ice/Anti Inflammatories: doing both.

6. Elbow Band/Brace: Putting pressure just below elbow where tendons meet bone.

Am I missing something?? Any other recommendations??

The lack of progress has me thinking something else is up. I'm tinkering with the idea of getting in touch with an ortho, but not sure there's much they can do and I've read that getting a cortizone shot in the tendon isn't the best of ideas.

Thanks in advance.

KY
Unread 03-31-2018, 01:30 PM

I had elbow pain that I couldn't fix for the longest time. Out of desperation I started using my opposite hand when using the mouse (was a pain in the I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post. at first until I learned to use it), and the pain went away.

A few months later elbow pain started up on the new mouse side, so I now switch back and forth every couple of months.

I have no idea if this might be contributing to your problem, but I thought I would throw it out there just in case. By the way, I'm on my computer a lot at work, so it wasn't just through casual use of the mouse.

Best of luck finding a solution.
Unread 04-01-2018, 08:14 AM

Pretty sure this isn't elbow tendonitis now. Think I've strained my brachioradialis muscle. Would explain why my current rehab has done diddly.

If this is the case, eccentric bicep movement in the neutral position is the way to go. Started doing this with 5 lb DBs yesterday. Man, the very top of the movement is painful, but gets less so as the weight is lowered.

Need a way to self massage this muscle but it's tough to get at.

It is going to be a long while before I do any heavy pulling movements. Although I do think I can do higher reps with an underhand grip without pain. Think I'll take two weeks off regardless with this arm.
Unread 04-01-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoun1e View Post
Have had this for a few weeks. Outside of the elbow, not inside.

Pain experienced with gripping (duh). Oddly enough, the pain is almost non-existent if my palm is facing up. If palm is down or in a neutral position...pain. What gives me the most pain: "Pinching" movement. For example, using thumb and finger to squeeze toothpaste out of the bottle.

I'm doing the following and haven't seen a ton of progress:

1. Eccentric wrist curls: Holding 5-8lb dumbells for a few seconds then lowering slowly.

2. Wrist Rotations: Taking weighted bar, holding vertically, then rotating left and right.

3. Theraband "Red Tube" -- Purchased one of these. 3 sets 15 per day.

4. Self Massage: Elbow...meet racketball. Racketball...meet wall. Press hard.

5. Ice/Anti Inflammatories: doing both.

6. Elbow Band/Brace: Putting pressure just below elbow where tendons meet bone.

Am I missing something?? Any other recommendations??

The lack of progress has me thinking something else is up. I'm tinkering with the idea of getting in touch with an ortho, but not sure there's much they can do and I've read that getting a cortizone shot in the tendon isn't the best of ideas.

Thanks in advance.

KY
Try using a rubber band around ur fingers and ooen them up with the rubber band might have a imbalance with extensors and flexors flexors are always the strongest