BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-22-2017, 03:01 PM

Default How much does strenuous daily activity impact muscle recovery?

Hi.

I was wondering how much strenuous daily activity impacts on muscle recovery?

For example, today I've spent the entire day scraping off wood chip ceiling paper.
Anyone that's tackled that will know that you scrape away pretty vigerously and develop arm ache. Especially if you've been doing it all day.
Or say someone was playing racket ball or tennis for a few hours, something like that.

If this is on a rest day from the gym, is it going to impact your recovery for tomorrow's session because of the amount of muscular involvement?

It might be a silly question, so sorry if that's the case

Cheers
Unread 04-22-2017, 03:31 PM

Maybe, maybe not. Who cares? You're not going to alter your life schedule simply in order to achieve slightly greater recovery. That would be silly.

Just don't worry about it too much. It's not going to wreck your gains in any meaningful way.
Unread 04-22-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
Maybe, maybe not. Who cares? You're not going to alter your life schedule simply in order to achieve slightly greater recovery. That would be silly.

Just don't worry about it too much. It's not going to wreck your gains in any meaningful way.
No I suppose you're not.
Cheers for the advice.
Unread 04-23-2017, 05:37 AM

It varies massively. Some people recover better than others. You should take into account all the strenuous activity you do and if it starts to wear you down, make changes. If it's working great for you (making progress, no aches/pains, not getting sick, and all that) then keep doing what you're doing.
Unread 04-23-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaBettor View Post
It varies massively. Some people recover better than others. You should take into account all the strenuous activity you do and if it starts to wear you down, make changes. If it's working great for you (making progress, no aches/pains, not getting sick, and all that) then keep doing what you're doing.
Right I see. I'll bare that in mind, then, and see how it goes.
Thanks.
Unread 04-24-2017, 06:36 AM

If it is a problem that is impacting performance in the gym, there is no reason you can't simply reduce volume on days after doing things like paint scraping. See Lyle's article about hard and easy days. Same concept.
Unread 04-24-2017, 12:54 PM

It also depends on your diet.

I know when you're in the middle of RFL and you try to do something strenuous you will pay for it. Whether you like it or not you'll have to increase your calories to compensate for the extra activity.

But if you're eating normally or on a surplus you should be able to handle it.