BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-16-2017, 07:43 AM

Default New Blood Pressure Guidelines

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSto...lines-51121738

This is interesting, I wonder how many more people will actually end up on blood pressure medication.

I also wonder if they'll tighten up methods for checking blood pressure. For example, tell patients to avoid caffeine the day of their annual physical...etc.
Unread 11-16-2017, 08:26 AM

Just my take from someone in healthcare. I'd be curious to see what Lyle thinks. Seems like there are a lot of variables that factor into heart disease, just not sure if it is right to keep tightening these factors so less and less are healthy. Little bit of a conspiracy but it sure seems like it is driving people to the drug industry. And don't worry, they will. Healthcare is becoming more and more controlling. My gripe with blood pressure is it varies immensely depending on eating, caffeine, genetics and a ton of other variables.

Sometimes when I get tested im stage 2...sometimes im normal or under, so it is worrisome. Is there going to be enough testing to make sure a person actually needs these drugs versus bad readings?

Diet and exercise are obviously the best way to combat this but I worry we live in more and more of an overmedicated country where people use drugs as a crutch, rather than resolve the root of the medical issue.
Unread 11-16-2017, 08:35 AM

Isnt there a condition that causes people with normal blood pressure to become elevated just being in a hospital?
Unread 11-16-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwire View Post
Isnt there a condition that causes people with normal blood pressure to become elevated just being in a hospital?
Yes.

White coat syndrome.