BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-19-2019, 02:56 PM

Default Bulking right after PSMF? Cat 2 on the cusp of Cat 1

After finishing an 11 day PSMF and doing a 1 day moderate refeed, is there any harm in going to a lean bulk without that two week maintenance phase?

I've been on 850 calories for the past 11 days and plan to refeed with 2700 just for one day. My maintenance is about 2150.

I want to refeed and then go straight into a bulk (+300 above maintenance) for 3 weeks, then do another 11 day PSMF which will get me to Cat 1, then I'm done.

I track my activity level on an apple watch and find it hard to believe that you can change your metabolism significantly in just 11 days, thus find it pointless to do a 2 week maintenance period. The numbers show that my metabolism hasn't changed in 1 bit since I've been tracking it these 11 days.

What do you guys think?
Unread 04-19-2019, 05:54 PM

Id be glad to be proven wrong, but from what Ive seen the only reliable gauge of metabolism is to track weight loss / gain versus kcal intake. Everything else seems to just make up numbers.
Unread 05-03-2019, 04:17 AM

I have done it before with no problems, Gained all my strength back really fast, I think the maintenance phase is recommended for people who don't wan't to gain any weight post diet or minimise weight gain post diet as some will be from increased glycogen and water, going to maintenance is the sensible option to limit fat gain and even just to help work out what your new maintenance is.

I have gone straight into a surplus, and i had some water retention for a few days but no noticeable fat gain, stayed in a small surplus for a couple of weeks then did another round of PSMF, A couple of days back into the PSMF i was looking leaner than ever. I would think that the PSMF book was writen for people who want to continue to lose weight, not gain some back then go again so i don't think its that going into a small surplus is inherently bad.

Just be sensible with it.

Last edited by Heterodox : 05-03-2019 at 04:19 AM.