BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-01-2014, 10:06 AM

Apologies guys..

I looked online, it looks as if Zopiclone (which I take at night for sleep) is heavily metabolized by cytochrome p-450 so thats a no-no when taking bromo..

As well I take Cipralex (Escitalopram) the metabolic pathway for this is (Liver, specifically the enzymes CYP3A4 and CYP2C19)

My question is would cipralex be off the table as well?
Unread 09-02-2014, 09:27 AM

Should I keep using bromo during a 14 day diet break?
Unread 09-03-2014, 01:15 PM

Bump
Unread 09-03-2014, 10:58 PM

I personally would think it would be more useful on a calorie deficit more benefits for a hypo caloric diet than maintenance but I could be wrong
Unread 09-06-2014, 01:23 AM

Bromocriptine inhibits norepinephrine release.

If you are already low on stress signals (i.e., already low NE levels), then the further lowering of NE by bromo could cause you to experience intense hunger. In this case, you may want to go with a compound that has the opposite effect on NE (e.g., bupropion) during hypocaloric periods. Or at least you could stack bromo with bupropion, to get the DA effects without lowering NE.

If your stress hormones are already high, then running bromo on hypocaloric periods is better advised.

At the end of the day, it's another "throw it at the wall and see what sticks" scenario.
Unread 09-07-2014, 01:09 PM

That's interesting. I've had some days of taking bromo at noon while bulking and feeling like I just couldn't wake up. One day I felt like I was going to fall asleep while heavy squatting.

I also notice a surge of strength and motivation to get things on my todo list done when starting a diet and using EC 3-4 times a day.

Think it's in my head or was it a norephedrine issue?

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.

Last edited by lostmyoldaccount : 09-07-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Unread 09-09-2014, 10:08 PM

Should the training aspect be the same as Lyle's recommendations in the "weight training for fat loss" when on bromocriptine? I understand the dietary guidelines but I have been training 3 days a week with low volume high intensity as per his article.
Unread 10-07-2014, 06:37 AM

I quit bromo and I couldn't even make it past day two of UD 2.0 even with e/c because of hunger. I've done UD 2.0 maybe 30 weeks in total and never had problems getting through it before even at low BF.

LOL. I guess my setpoint is so bad that bromo works for me but even with it I'm still hungry.

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.
Unread 10-07-2014, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmyoldaccount View Post
I quit bromo and I couldn't even make it past day two of UD 2.0 even with e/c because of hunger. I've done UD 2.0 maybe 30 weeks in total and never had problems getting through it before even at low BF.

LOL. I guess my setpoint is so bad that bromo works for me but even with it I'm still hungry.
Maybe try a nicotine patch?

In all seriousness.
Nicotine works as an appetite suppressant for a few people I know--and these are people for whom NOTHING else works as an appetite suppressant. People for whom amphetamines just make them concentrate on the food more, rather than taking away appetite.

Most of the purported downsides of nicotine are actually downsides of cigarettes. The problem is that the public, and even the scientific community, can't divorce the two in their heads.
And nicotine even has nootropic effects to boot.

Of course, if you take a drug test at work that includes nicotine, then nix that idea. Otherwise, it's worth trying.
Unread 10-17-2014, 04:43 PM

I did not have any problems with receiving my package of bromo stateside. I was just disappointed to find that after acclimating to the side effects, it did nothing for me in terms of appetite suppression = increased weight loss.

Now that I don't do bromo, I might try bupropion.

Anyone here have any experience with Contrave? (bupropion/naltrexone)? recently approved in the US.

Thanks