BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-24-2008, 11:41 AM

Just back from my session at the gym, weight is now back to 182lbs probably due to over-doing it over the weekend at my friends who I was staying with in Manchester. The trainer has drawn up two rountines for me ... 1 which I do 2/3 times a week which is quite intense and long (cardio, machines and some floor exercises), a short (30 min) session which I can do mainly to increase my stamina (it is official that I am a wuss) which is cardio and floor exercises and also I have a session with her once a week for 6 weeks so she can check form, make sure that I have been attending and also check weight/body fat and talk about any concerns I have (these sessions are part of my membership and any more than six I have to pay for). She is definitely a wolf in sheep's clothing, a tiny Spanish lady who looks extremely sweet but who has a no-nonsense core of steel.

I will write my exercises down when I go back to the gym, she took away the card with my info on.
Unread 03-26-2008, 04:29 PM

My exercise routine at the gym is:

Adductor - 2 sets of 20 x 20kg
Abductor - 2 sets of 20 x 20kg
Chest Press - 2 x 20 x 10kg
Upperback - 2 x 20 x 5kg
Shoulder Press - 2 x 20 x 5kg (I find these the hardest)
Leg Press - 2 x 20 x 30kg
2 x 20 crunches on the ball
2 x 20 leg drops

I also start with 15 mins on the bike to warm up and have stretches after.

Tonight I went to the gym and did the workout which was OK, I can feel it in my arms. My trainer was there so I said hello. Tomorrow night I am out with work, there is an ice-rink in the city of London and there are the finals of the 'Broomball' championships which is a variation of ice-hockey so will wrap up warm and go to spectate.
Unread 03-28-2008, 02:14 AM

The Broomball last night was good fun - we even had a streaker (someone naked who ran across the ice rink!), groan, I did take advantage of the hospiatality laid on by work and now have a bit of a hangover; today I am coming off my diet break and back into lower calories.
Unread 03-29-2008, 04:27 AM

Yesterday wasn't the best day to go back on lower calories and I hadn't really planned things properly. Food was all over the place - bacon sandwich for breakfast, jacket potato with beans and a small amount of cheese for lunch and then a bowl of chilli with a brown bread roll for dinner. Had an early night and slept really well.

Will be better today, have been to the shop and have bought in chicken and also some seafood for meals during the week. I am aiming for just under 1300 calories per day and will still continue the fish oils and multi-vit.

Today I am heading to the gym then out with my friend Clare for a bite to eat in town, should be a good night.
Unread 03-30-2008, 03:28 AM

Can you get your trainer to help you learn to squat? Squatting will do faaaaaaaaaar more for your legs than the yes/no machine (adductor/abductor thingy) will EVER do.

LMAO at the streaker! That's a good way to liven things up.
Unread 04-14-2008, 03:17 PM

Things going well at the gym and I have been sticking with it ... thanks for the heads-up ref the squats Dane ... they are evil ... but in a good way I suppose!

TBH, I havent really been too stringent on the diet, not going mental with crap but not really calorie-counting per se, so weight still hovering at 180 although i have dropped a dress size so all good.

My wireless connection been playing up (i.e. my normal access through my neighbour's unsecured connection) has been irritatingly intermittant but seems to be OK now.