BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-09-2008, 07:30 PM

Default To PSMF and beyond...

Hello everyone...well I'm giving PSMF an honest attempt. I tried it once before with a trainer for around 4-5 days but started getting dizzy spells. Well I was exercising way too much and eating nowhere near enough veggies. So I stopped. Well I bought Lyle's book this time, and I'm giving it a go.

A little about me...I'm a 35 yo female, 5'6" and around 200 lbs. I'm a mother of 1 who is still trying to lose the baby weight after 5 years.

I have all my food bought...my fridge is just brimming with veggies. It's pretty easy to do the grocery shopping for this diet...meat, low fat cheese, cottage cheese, egg whites and veggies. Oh and fibre... I have to get my magnesium still though...which I'm gonna get at the health food store cause I want to go get a diva cup too. And I should probably stock up on the E/C and I think I'm running low on PP.

I'm seriously pumped. My goal is basically just to stick with it. No other goal, I just want to follow it through.
Unread 03-09-2008, 07:31 PM

oh and weight and measurements will be measured tomorrow morning.
Unread 03-09-2008, 09:00 PM

good luck
Unread 03-10-2008, 05:08 AM

Dizziness sometimes happens when you low carb, at least at first, because it can drop your blood pressure a bit. Staying hydrated and taking it easy on the aerobic exercise the first week might help, and take potassium supp, too. G'luck!
Unread 03-10-2008, 01:08 PM

Good Luck!!! You CAN do it. We are all cheering for you!!!
Unread 03-10-2008, 06:45 PM

Default Day 1 Recap

Weight: 201.5

Bust: 42.25
Waist: 37
Abdomen: 42.5
Butt: 45
Thigh: 27.75
Calf: 16.25

Today's Totals(not including veggies and oil capsules):

calories/fat/carbs/protein: 814 / 23 / 19 / 124

Felt pretty good today. Headache wasn't too bad. Wasn't hungry hungry, just mentally hungry. (All in my head) I think the E/C defenitely helped. Energy was okay, no crashes like I get with eating carbs. I did crash a little after my second dose of E/C wore off, but I also waited too long to eat dinner, so that may have had something to do with it. Got all of my water in. All in all a good day.
Unread 03-11-2008, 06:59 AM

Great job!
Unread 03-11-2008, 06:27 PM

Default Day 2 recap

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!!

Day 1: 201.5
Day 2: 199

Calories / Fat / Carb / Protein (minus fish oils and veggies)= 848 / 26 / 11 / 134

Didn't do any exercise again today.

Today was good once again. Slight headache, which always happens when I start ANY diet but goes away within a few days. I had NO hunger today until 6...and that's just cause I went too long between meals...again... Oh, and I learnt today I need to eat VERY soon after I've woken up, cause I'm hungry!! I didn't sleep well last night, mostly cause i was up peeing all night, which really sucked cause at around 3 am I was hungry. I just kept telling myself to ignore it. The energy's okay again. No crashes...I love that!! I was just tired from my lack of sleep but that only happened at around 5 pm.

So all in all, a great day 2.
Unread 03-12-2008, 05:54 PM

Day 1: 201.5
Day 2: 199
Day 3: 198

Food: cheat meal today!! Had shepherd's pie and a piece of crusty bread with butter on it. I'm going to try to avoid making my cheat meals all about sugar.

I was a little hungrier today, but I think I overdid it with the coffee. It usually makes me feel hungry after I drink it, so i don't see why it'd be different now. I've also come to realize I need to have 5 meals instead of 4 because going from noon until dinnertime is too long a gap. My cheat meal was great. I didn't really feel like working out, but I did it. Felt great during, but as soon as I sat down again, I felt exhausted!!!! So I'll be watching ANTM and heading to bed!! My mood's been okay, no irritability or anything. And considering I'm PMS'ing...that's pretty incredible!!
Unread 03-21-2008, 09:49 PM

Well I've been off this week due to a nasty cold. Was told to stop dieting as my body needs the food to heal. I'm starting to feel myself again, so I'm thinking I'll be starting again Monday. I actually miss it...it's so easy to follow.