BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Recipes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-21-2011, 11:04 PM

Default stir fry vege recipes please for RFL

does anyone have any good ones or a basic one with some type of sauce or flavouring that I can add whatever meat to??
Unread 05-22-2011, 08:47 PM

I’ve been inspired in recent times by minimalist home cooking – flavoursome food that doesn’t use a lot of ingredients, doesn’t use a lot of pots and pans, and doesn’t take a lot of (prep) time (and in many cases, minimal cooking time also).

Here is a basic one that hopefully you might enjoy. Substitute where you like, I’ll just give you the recipe. These are the types of recipes that inspired me to know I could cook quick and simply, even on a work night.

BEEF & BROCCOLI STIR FRY

Things to have on hand: cooking oil (or spray).
Oyster sauce was a great find for me – as the brand I use is only 35 calories and that’s for 3 Tablespoons (US) – plenty for 9 or 10 oz meat. That’s from 7.5g carbs, and 1g protein. Check the ingredients list – the better quality sauce will have a greater percentage of oyster extract.
Garlic
Pepper
Optional: Any of - Chilli powder (or fresh or flakes). Coriander (ground or fresh). Lime.

Meat: I used lean stir fry beef strips but original recipe suggested minced meat (I think you say ‘ground meat’). Lean of course! Probably any favourite meat would be fine (you try it), but definitely great with beef. I think ground beef would soak up the flavour slightly better, so have an experiment. I was having large serves, so I was doing ~9oz. The 3TBS oyster sauce is plenty for this amount of meat.

Veg: A green one. Broccoli ideal. Steam or boil it a bit first (or nuke in microwave – get it softened up a bit). e.g. boil for 2 minutes. You could use baby bok choy or whatever you want. Even just use frozen broccoli (I would still nuke it a bit).

How to:
Heat up 1tsp canola oil (or similar – only 40 cals), or just use cooking spray.
Brown your stir fry strips or mince. Wont take long.
Add some crushed garlic – as much as you fancy. It’s at this point also that you can chuck in some chilli if you want a little hit. If using a little ground coriander, throw this in now.
After frying that for about a minute to mix through, throw in your broccoli and your oyster sauce. Work that through and you’re done.
It’s at this point that you would either throw in some fresh coriander (if using fresh instead of ground), OR squeeze in a little lime juice if using lime instead of coriander. This is all optional! You cant go wrong – I’ve had it without coriander or lime (or chilli for that matter), and it’s all good. A squeeze of lime or a bit of coriander is there to simply ‘lift’ it a bit.

You are now done. Eat as is, or if you have carbs, throw it on some instant rice or whatever.

Hope this helps!
If you are a beginner cook, do not be afraid, you don’t need to have everything a recipe demands.
Unread 05-22-2011, 08:49 PM

Just noticed you said for RFL. I would think the carbs are fine, but you might just want to use a slight lesser amount of oyster sauce. And use cooking spray. Then you will be RFL compliant (from memory).
Unread 05-22-2011, 10:23 PM

Tried to do a table - still haven't learned how to do that. Ill just give you totals:

broccoli (fresh - raw) 7oz
beef stiry fry strips (lean - raw) 6oz
garlic 2 cloves
cooking oil (canola - half teaspoon)
oyster sauce - 1.5TBS (US)

Calories: 330
Protein: 55.7g
Carbs: 5.4g
Fats: 6.6g
Fiber: 8.6g

Hope this helps!
Unread 05-23-2011, 03:33 AM

thanks aussieguy will give it a go.
found a nice prawn one today had to omit peas but should have subbed beans but wasnt organised
Unread 05-23-2011, 07:50 PM

A curry stir fry. Without doing the numbers, I think this would be compliant.

I was going to type the recipe, but just check the link. My adaption is to use cooking spray (obviously), and the tinned tomato's will be too many carbs, so try use 2oz tomato paste (6g carbs) and water. Recipe from Jules Clancy is also the blogger (who I enjoy reading) that the beef and broccoli stiry fry came from, posted above.....

http://thestonesoup.com/blog/2011/01...ts-10-minutes/
Unread 05-23-2011, 11:25 PM

Hi Jenny

You can get some of the Walden Farms stuff here in Oz, all ultra low carb and PSMF friendly. I use the Soy and Garlic marinade all the time.

Also a pouch of Miracle noodles is a big hit in a stir-fry

http://www.waldenfarms.com.au

http://www.miraclenoodle.com
Unread 05-24-2011, 01:06 PM

Here is the stir fry recipe I use

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken...ry/Detail.aspx

Exception is that I buy Birds Eye Asian Medley and use that instead of the veggies individually (except onions and green peppers). You could also get just the Birds Eye broccoli ones which are usually just $1 in case the Asian Medley has too many things you do not want.