BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-13-2018, 06:19 AM

Default 40 F // 129 by 8/15

Hi everyone. I’m back. (Last thread here: https://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=33268)

I started this year at 162.5 and made my way down to 139.5 through some strict and flexible dieting principles (Keto, IF, longer fasting) and breaks. And in fact, my last break started around the end of April and I woke up and it’s already June and I’m up to 145.5. So, gained 6 lbs.

My goal has been 125 for awhile, so 20 pounds from where I sit now. Based on the progress I made from January to February, where I was pretty strict with Keto, I think that’s easily doable within the year. I just need to find the right mix of strict and flex to keep my progress going and not go substantially backwards.

I have a small vacation coming up on July 2nd so I’m going to use the next 3 weeks as a time to really double down on my weight loss. I’ll use my vacation as a slight break and then get back on a 3 week plan again. I think doing a 3:1 mix of strict:break will help me not go too off the rails during my break AND help me in aggregate have more days of diet all together.

Mentally, I’ve been dealing with some serious anxiety and some mild depression. I see a therapist and I’ve tried antidepressants before, but they didn’t work for me (and actually when I went on Zoloft is when I went from the 140s to the 170s for the first time in my life when not pregnant). So I’m also going to use the next few weeks to cut all alcohol out of my diet and do something each day that has some kind of mental health benefit: either a hypnosis app or a meditation app or ?

I do exercise and will keep that up, but may try and mix up my workouts and try some new things as I’ve been in the same kind of CrossFit gym for awhile and while I feel strong could probably benefit from a change.

I’m going to post my short term plan and goals for the next few weeks in another post.

Stats: Female, 40, 5'7
2018 Starting weight: 162.5
Ultimate goal: 125

Last edited by yupisaidit : 06-13-2018 at 06:24 AM.
Unread 06-13-2018, 06:36 AM

Default Week 1, Day 1

Weight: 145.5

Iím going to have a pretty strict Keto/no alcohol policy till July 2nd. Otherwise, my goal is to break up each week somewhat differently as I experiment with fasting and OMAD. From what Iíve read of Jason Fung and others, fasting can help with mental clarity and mood. Iíve done a few 1, 2 and even a 3 day fast and would like to incorporate them more as I definitely felt clearer headed when I did them.

Since I was on a work trip where I ate really, really poorly over the past half a week, Iím going to dive into this week with a 36 hour fast. I plan to eat a keto dinner tomorrow at whatever calories, then decide tomorrow night how long Iíd like to fast again over the weekend.

My goal is also to start the Headspace App tonight.

Unread 06-19-2018, 04:37 AM

Default Week 1, Day 1

Weight: 143.5

Haha, just kidding about that last post. I never started on the diet, or not drinking, or meditating. This week has been a complete and total mess because of some huge shakeups at work. I’m not dealing with the stress and uncertainty of a takeover well — at all — and have been unable to compartmentalize the negative feedback loop I’m in in the office. I’ve only been eating semi low carb, been drinking too much, not working out, and unsurprisingly my anxiety has been through the roof.

The only thing keeping me going is looking forward to my mini vacation. And I’d really love to be in the 130s for it. Actually, my mini goal is 137. So I’m recommitting for the next 14 days. And I’m going to take it day by day.

My plan — OMAD for today (I have a work lunch). Can’t go to gym till tomorrow so rest tonight and try and do some kind of meditation or just drink tea in bed. I predict the scale will be up tomorrow because I had drinks with friends last night, and alcohol always acts as a huge diuretic for me, so will probably see the scale up tomorrow, because yeah, as noted, I should just have tea tonight, not wine.

Also my original goal, 129 by 8/15, seems way too ambitious right now in terms of the date but that’s still where I’d like to be by the end of summer.

Last edited by yupisaidit : 06-19-2018 at 04:40 AM.
Unread 06-20-2018, 04:37 AM

Default Week 1, Day 2 of 14

Weight: 145

Unsurprising the scale is up slightly. I didnít drink at all last night, and as mentioned, wine/alcohol is a significant dehydrator for me. It was easy not to drink, so I know I donít have a dependency of any kind. Itís just a terrible habit Iíve developed/crutch for anxiety. Instead of wine I had a drink called Natural Calm. I have no idea if it works but supposedly itís a magnesium supplement and I was asleep by 9. I got a full nightís sleep.

Food wise, I didnít stick to OMAD. My lunch was awkward and I barely got to eat any of the salad I ordered, so I had a keto meal that I had frozen for dinner. It was 450 calories so between that and the scant amount of salad, I probably clocked in under 1,000.

Plan for today: Iím going to fast all day and hit the gym, then the sauna. No drinking and hopefully will wake up tomorrow to see whatís hopefully a trend of the scale going down.

Unread 06-21-2018, 05:58 AM

Default Week 1, Day 3

Weight: 142

Iím upset because more crisis at work kept me there late and I didnít get to the gym. I wish I had the motivation to workout at the same rate on my own, or tell people ďnoĒ at work. Iíve been prioritizing work over therapy and exercising and itís taking a toll.

The good news is, I stuck to my fast/no drinking yesterday. Just some cream in my coffee and broth for dinner. The scale is down a few pounds now that the post-drinking water weight is balancing out. I have a work breakfast tomorrow, and weíll see if I eat. I donít have a history at all of disordered eating, so Iím OK with experimenting with some extended fasts in the name of rapid weight loss. The longest Iíve gone is 50+ hours. If I wait to eat till tomorrow morning, it will have been a 60 hour fast. Kind of want to see if I could make it through though the work day and get to 72 hours.

Unread 06-23-2018, 07:08 AM

Default Week 1, Day 4

On Thursday, I ended my fast to eat dinner with my son at 6:30, so made it almost 48 hours. I decided to have a keto dinner and then see how I felt on Friday. Fasting was pretty easy but I donít know that I went long enough to see any kind of mental benefits.

Not to oversimplify, but I can see why eating disordered people get where they get though; there is a sense of control thatís pretty easy to achieve, if not accurate. Luckily I have never had an ED and am more fascinated by the health benefits of fasting than even the weight loss, though they go hand in hand for many people and health issues.

Unread 06-23-2018, 07:14 AM

Default Week 1, Day 5

Scale: 139

Well, this is my lowest weight in 12 years. I should be excited BUT thereís a caveat ó I had 2 drinks with a friend last night and as mentioned, alcohol is a major diuretic for me. I expect the scale to be back up tomorrow. On the other hand, Iím happy that I did something my therapist was encouraging me to do; not take extremes with drinking but find balance.

It was nice to go out and be social. Two drinks was more than enough as Iíd also fasted all day in anticipation of doing OMAD. I went home and had a keto friendly meal of mostly cheese and chicken breast. Iíd say the day was around 1,000 calories though I didnít measure my food.

My plan today: go to a really killer cross fit-ish gym class this morning (FINALLY) and fast till dinner OR, depending on how my night looks, fast till tomorrow night.

Unread 06-25-2018, 05:39 AM

Default Week 1, Day 6 + 7

Weight Day 6: 141
Weight Day 7: 141

After a challenging and much needed workout in the morning, I only fasted till 3pm on Saturday. After that it was social event after social event, all through the weekend. I wish I could say I didn’t drink and I kept strictly keto, but I’m pretty sure my net carbs were more like <40, not <20, yesterday. And yeah, I had wine at the events I went to AND a glass in bed while watching TV. Ugh.

Trying to get back on track this week as I have 7 days before vacation. Going to fast at least till breakfast tomorrow to kick myself back into ketosis. Definitely hitting up the gym tonight. Expect scale to be up slightly tomorrow due to alcohol being a diuretic, etc, and I won’t be drinking, but hoping to see a real drop in the scale into the 130s, if not 137, before my trip.

Last edited by yupisaidit : 06-25-2018 at 05:42 AM.
Unread 06-26-2018, 05:53 AM

Default Day 8

Iím ovulating, so water retention is happening. Honestly, I expected the scale to be down today! I fasted all day, hit the gym, and had late keto dinner and 2 no-carb drinks w/a coworker whoís convinced heís getting laid off today. Iíd say my day was <1,000 calories. Work is nuts but Iím trying to hang in there and tell myself that if I get laid off too, Iíll get a severance and itíll be OK ... takeovers happen.

My schedule is really up in the air today so my only plan is to stay keto and fast at least till lunch. My last ďweigh inĒ before vacation is the 3rd, so a week from today, and I still have my goal of 137. Not sure if I mentioned it but that would represent me being 75% to my goal of 125 since starting this weight loss journey at 178 after going off Zoloft (on which I gained 35 pounds) all the way back in July of 2015. Canít believe itís been 3 years!

Unread 06-27-2018, 06:33 AM

Default Day 9

Weight: 143

Trying not to throw in the towel here. Fasted till 1pm yesterday, ate keto for lunch and dinner. Did have a few drinks. Which means Iíve had drinks for the past few nights and that wasnít the plan. But otherwise, calories and carbs low. So, alcohol and hormones....

Gotta buckle down.