BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-27-2012, 03:49 PM

Default 3 questions about the Ultimate Diet 2.

1: It says "Sample [Day] Workout" - does that mean I can train the exercises I want, with the recommended amount of sets and reps, and still "just do the program" (referring to Lyle's article and that he often says "You can do that but then it's not the UD2 anymore), and still follow the UD2?

2: How does the time of resting between sets affect the results? I'd be glad to rest longer, but I won't if it will give me inferior results. The short resting in itself doesn't burn any glycogen, right?

3: I realize it's not the UD2 if I do this, so my question is only based around how it will affect my results. Can I use cardio (running/cycling) for depleting legs? High reps for legs is the most devestating thing I know, and I would still be doing the power workout on Saturday.
Unread 03-27-2012, 06:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabah Mohamadzada View Post
1: It says "Sample [Day] Workout" - does that mean I can train the exercises I want, with the recommended amount of sets and reps, and still "just do the program" (referring to Lyle's article and that he often says "You can do that but then it's not the UD2 anymore), and still follow the UD2?

2: How does the time of resting between sets affect the results? I'd be glad to rest longer, but I won't if it will give me inferior results. The short resting in itself doesn't burn any glycogen, right?

3: I realize it's not the UD2 if I do this, so my question is only based around how it will affect my results. Can I use cardio (running/cycling) for depleting legs? High reps for legs is the most devestating thing I know, and I would still be doing the power workout on Saturday.
1. If you substitute, find an equivalent exercise in terms of the muscles worked, and make sure it's safe and appropriate for the workout. Exercise selection isn't critical other than that. You don't want to be pinned under a bar during your depletion workout, for example.

2. In depletion, it's time under tension, time actually spent in the set, that counts. Tension workout is higher reps and a lot of sets for a full-body, you shouldn't need too long and probably want to hustle to save time. Too short a rest is actually negative on the power workout, 3-5 minutes is good. A sample workout with alternated supersetting of exercises would show shorter rests because the supersetting saves total time in the workout.

3. I suspect that if cardio worked as well as high rep leg press, Lyle would have given that as an option. Yes it's "devastating" but the UD2 is described as unpleasant.
Unread 03-28-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabah Mohamadzada View Post
Take 5 mins rest between sets. Actually make it 10. The 15 hours you spend in the gym finishing the work out will melt the glycogen away.
Unread 03-28-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skank View Post
Take 5 mins rest between sets. Actually make it 10. The 15 hours you spend in the gym finishing the work out will melt the glycogen away.
So would u say it works the other way too? Minimal rest supersetting alternate bodyparts to get done faster? Say bench, lats, calves, hamstrings all back to back with no rest until all 4 exercises are complete?
Unread 04-03-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
So would u say it works the other way too? Minimal rest supersetting alternate bodyparts to get done faster? Say bench, lats, calves, hamstrings all back to back with no rest until all 4 exercises are complete?
What I do with every body part on Mondays. Get a full depletion (12x15 for back, chest, shoulders, legs, 6x15 for arms and calves) in 2-3 hours.

Didn't used to do this. workouts used to take up to 4 hours
Unread 04-03-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
Thats what I aim for (my post was completely sarcastic)

Generally I'm in the gym 1 1/2 hours and only taking 1-2 min rest between sets. I superset where possible to save time and avoid drinking too much water to avoid throwing up.