Default 2018 Diet in Progress

After finding the

Stats:

Male
26y
6'3

Start Weight: 224.6lbs @ approximately 15% bodyfat

Training

I am currently on a PPL + Full Body Session so each muscle group is hit twice a week. Abs and calves are hit more frequently

I try to be lightly active and hit 10k steps daily and will be mountainbiking 1-2 times weekly (depending on the weather).

Diet

Utilizing a flexible diet approach for now with a 1k cal deficit on rest days and 500cals on training days with refeeds fortnightly if I feel it's required. I will diet for 6 weeks before taking a 1 week diet break and repeat this until I am happy.

Goals

- Maintain strength
- 200lbs is the goal weight which should put me well under 10%
Unread 01-08-2018, 05:50 PM

Ready to get jacked for 2018 I see. Good luck man.
Unread 01-14-2018, 06:06 AM

Following. As we have similar stats, you just being slightly leaner and an inch taller, what is your maintenance?
Unread 01-18-2018, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkord View Post
Following. As we have similar stats, you just being slightly leaner and an inch taller, what is your maintenance?
Thanks, I will update but not much progress yet other than some water weight dropped!

I maintain somewhere between 3300-3600 dependent on activity levels in the day. Last year I pushed my step count up to 15k and was easily maintaining on 3800. What about you?
Unread 01-29-2018, 07:09 AM

Quick update on progress. The deficit has been easy, weight is moving down at a good pace and training is generally good.

On Saturday (28th) I set a low weigh in of 217.6lbs however I was severely carb depleted. Goal is to hit 215lbs by this Friday and then have a large refeed with 1400g+ of carbs . Finding myself using a CKD/UD2.0 pattern of ketogenic/PSMF dietting and fortnightly refeeds.

Going forward I will be in a deficit for 3 further weeks before having a diet break as planned originally.

It is hard to gauge progress visually although I feel tighter overall and the vascularity on my legs is impressive for someone with a fair amount of fat to lose. I still think I will need to be sub 200lbs to be considered lean
Unread 02-09-2018, 07:10 AM

Refeed last week went very well with 1800g of carbs over 48hrs.

New low of 214.2lbs this morning which puts me on target to hit 210lbs before my diet break.

I always used to hate dieting in winter and was a real "bro": dieting just in time for summer but never getting lean enough and giving up. Fingers crossed I'll be able to make some real progress and cruise into summer at sub 10%.

Looking more and more like I will be well under 200lbs which is a shame (for my ego) but will make the lean bulk afterwards much more productive. Not to mention that I want to see veins on my abs at least once in my life.
Unread 02-15-2018, 07:18 AM

Quick Update

All time low weigh in today of 210.4lbs. The lightest I have been in probably 8 years.

Feeling incredibly weak and depleted so will be starting the carb up tomorrow. 48hrs of non-stop carbs will be divine!!

Diet break for 9 days then back to the grind for another 6 weeks.