BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-15-2010, 12:41 PM

Default Crossfit

You seem to have started a debate over at this crossfit message board. A lot of people agree with you some don't. It's already a 6 page thread. I agree with your stance 100%. The people over there of course are going to stick up for there system.

http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=55494
Unread 02-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Administrator

That's nice but I honestly don't care that much. Crossfit has turned itself into a lovely little cult and that's about the point I stop caring. It's a tool with limited uses and random training doesn't get folks to any achievable goal beyond general fitness

And the rather simple fact is that most top level athletes could destroy any crossfit workout within a few weeks of practice. Crossfit will not prepare anybody to compete at a high level in anything but crossfit.

It's like the functional training debate we had here a while back.

I get someone to a decent deadlift, they can flip a tire.
Fliipping a tire for training won't get your deadlift up.

So which is more functional?

That's on top of the fact that the Crossfitters keep hurting people and laughing it off. Yayy rhabdo.
Unread 02-15-2010, 01:05 PM

Considering it's a crossfit site there is still people who agree with you. I hope you read the whole thing. It's a great debate and I believe your views got the best of them.
Unread 02-15-2010, 01:08 PM

I posted my above comment before I saw your response. It is a good read read though. I learned alot from being on your site for a few hours. I thought I knew everything but learned a lot here.
Unread 02-15-2010, 01:19 PM

Crossfit wont develop anything in particular once you are in shape, but its pretty cool to watch

The only use I can find in it is it probably can be used as a training level assessment for mixed athletes. Maybe Im wrong
Unread 02-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo212 View Post
Considering it's a crossfit site there is still people who agree with you. I hope you read the whole thing. It's a great debate and I believe your views got the best of them.
Can't be bothered to read any of it, honestly. Just don't care and I'd rather get tomorrow's site update finished.
Unread 02-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fried Bacon View Post
Crossfit wont develop anything in particular once you are in shape, but its pretty cool to watch

The only use I can find in it is it probably can be used as a training level assessment for mixed athletes. Maybe Im wrong
What's it going to test relevant to the athlete? Or tell you? That is, if you're testing an MMA guy, how does running Fran for time tell you anything about their specific martial arts fitness?
Unread 02-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Just FYI, you needn't put my name in thread posts EVER. Even if I don't always respond, I read them all and a more useful topic line will be, err, more useful.
Unread 02-15-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo212 View Post
In case you haven't realized, lyle doesn't care if you agree with him or like him or whatever it may be in regards to the information he provides. He doesn't hold any emotional attachments to the facts so these types of threads on other forums are meaningless.
Unread 02-15-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
What's it going to test relevant to the athlete? Or tell you? That is, if you're testing an MMA guy, how does running Fran for time tell you anything about their specific martial arts fitness?
I guess nothing specific, but wouldnt it show some application of strength and endurance in transfer of training? Not that it would accurately portray the intensity of mma fight in nature,

but wouldnt someone who has developed both strength and endurance be able to use crossfit just to apply what they developed together (as in a test run)? I guess someone who does crossfit only should get better at crossfitting, but I think someone who excels in both strength and endurance be able to do well in crossfit as well