BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-17-2010, 11:39 PM

I'm no physiologist, I'm not a doctor, and I'm not even close to being as smart as a lot of other folks on this forum when it comes to this stuff. I'm only giving input on what helped me out (and a bunch of other jacked up military folks in my yoga class lol) with the possibility that it might help her out also if it she wants to give it a go.

And I'm not some neo-hippie that believes that yoga cures cancer and helps you achieve universal-infinite-supernatural-oneness. I couldn't even come close to telling you what about the class helped my knees out. Could have been stretching, sissy strengthening of my leg muscles, voodoo, I have no idea. But something during the time spent doing it helped them out, the gal sounds like she has very few options on what she can do, so maybe this might work for her.

If I'm wrong, that's cool. Call me on it. If it sounded like I was offering yoga as a cure for all ills and sins, that was not my intent.
Unread 02-18-2010, 08:49 AM

Erin, OA is unicondylar on both knees. OA typically begins at the medial aspect of the knee and then progressively gets worse as time goes by. Torn meniscus are aggrivating the OA. This is my 3rd opinion. 1st was conservative, 2nd was radical (total knee replacement without regards to age) 3rd was right in the middle (clean up and "fine tuning" until I reach my 60's, then knee replacment when knees are no longer functional) I'm going with the 3rd guy. Just not ready at this point to commit to a unicompartimental replacement. Will try some isometric, water exercises and yes Duck....even yoga and see if I can retain functionality until then. Thanks for all the help guy!
Unread 02-18-2010, 04:42 PM

Best wishes then if you've decided to forego the uni knee. Have you tried Synvisc? They bought me about 2 years of decreased pain and increased function.