BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:33 AM

Default Thursday morning workout and calories

Good day!

If I have to do the Thursday PM workout in the morning (Friday AM is not an option), what do I do with the Thursday meals before the workout?

From the book: "During the day, you're going to stay with your normal low-carb/low-calorie fare but you only get to consume 75% of the total calories that you were eating on days 1-3. Basically, you only get to eat your first 3 meals: breakfast, early lunch, late lunch. So if you were on 1200 calories/day during day 1-3, you would eat 900 calories during the day"

Shall I eat them all in the morning before the workout?

Or shall I add the calories to the carb load after the workout, and do two full days of carb load? In this case my Thursday breakfast would be "about 25-30 grams of carbs, with about 15 grams of whey protein 30-60 minutes before the workout".

Thank you!
Unread 07-05-2017, 02:28 PM

I would just skip the morning calories that you can't fit in and eat the pre-workout meal as prescribed...then just redistribute the appropriately calculated amount of carbs over the standard window since you only have so many carbs you can reload with and those are already accounted for. I would not extend the load to two days...just move the standard start of the load a little bit forward in time.

I guess you could shift the carb load finish to a little earlier on Friday since you still have the same 24-30 hour window to work with but you are starting it early. However, I would not think a few hours would make that much of a difference if you chose to keep the load going until Friday night. I would just be sure to definitely shade the carb profile to something less glycemic as you extend beyond the normal time window.

Beyond that I would just keep things as close to standard as you can, smooth into Saturday and resume situation normal.
Unread 07-05-2017, 07:57 PM

Thank you very much!

Skipping the morning calories seems to be a good idea since my carb depletion/fat burning window (days 1-4) will be shorter.

So if I finish the Thursday workout by noon, I would eat higher GI carbs from Thursday noon to Friday noon, and then eat lower GI carbs in the afternoon and the evening.