BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-29-2017, 06:35 PM

Default Depletion on Monday/Wednesday?

I read somewhere in this forum that it's not a good idea to do depletion workouts on nonconsecutive days. However, I cannot find why it is so in the book. Can anyone help me with that? Thank you!
Unread 07-29-2017, 09:07 PM

Well I'm sure someone will chime in with a more informed understanding of how/why the book dishes it out on consecutive days.
I'm pretty certain it's because you want to waste as little time as possible from depleteing your muscle of glycogen. If your body will more efficiently burn fat for fuel during cardio and at regular active hours then why wait to deplete another day. Especially in the context of a small 7 day cycle. You really need to deplete fast, then coast on low cals and carbs for a couple days and then carb load to set your self up for the anabolic rebound.
I think that Lyle makes concessions for there to be two days of depletion rather than one big day because he knows how unrealistic it is for most people to adhere to. Imagine fitting in 12 sets of 15-20 reps for each muscle group. That would be 180 to 240 reps per muscle group in one day. I enjoy ud2 but after the first 3 sets of the first workout of the first cycle I ever did, it was reason enough to not attempt a one day depletion. Anyone reading this done a one day depletion? ...ill also check the forum cause I got to here what that must be like lol
Anyways I don't think it would ruin the cycle to move the second day a day forward but you should probably have a good reason for doing so.

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
Socrates
Unread 07-29-2017, 09:17 PM

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/archi...hp?t-3068.html

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
Socrates
Unread 07-30-2017, 09:42 AM

Thank you for your reply!

Actually, I am interested in the 14-day cycle, when almost the same amount of workouts (+1) are spread throughout two weeks instead of just one. Wondering if that would make it more acceptable.
Unread 07-30-2017, 09:53 AM

If the second day of depletion is really a concern, why don't you do it all in one session? It's probably beyond brutal, but at least you keep the UD 2.0 protocol in tact.

Anyway, I don't think it really matters THAT much, especially when running the 14 day cycle.