BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-16-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler163 View Post
Usually my year:
Xmas time: relaxed diet...a lot of running..wheight depend of time and the stres from running. 2 - 3 week aprox.
January i try to reduce bf if in xmas time i pass 14% mark.
Until march. A clean bulk...basically a strict week and relaxed week end with endurance training more "specific" and i train more in weight room.
Abril to june cut.
July i try to recover same muscle mass and readjust metabolism
August summer holiday relaxed.
September to dicember another cut
I find it interesting that you basically only bulk Feb and March. And clean. I'm guessing this is similar to others and their "gaintaining" approach. This has you either in maintenance or diet mode the majority of the year. Similar to my usual plan. At most, I think I'm in bulking or gaintaining mode 1/3 of the year. I bet 40-50% is diet mode with the rest maintenance.

Does anyone let it all hang out and bulk big time anymore? Who are not genetically gifted or on drugs?
Unread 12-16-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoun1e View Post
I find it interesting that you basically only bulk Feb and March. And clean. I'm guessing this is similar to others and their "gaintaining" approach. This has you either in maintenance or diet mode the majority of the year. Similar to my usual plan. At most, I think I'm in bulking or gaintaining mode 1/3 of the year. I bet 40-50% is diet mode with the rest maintenance.

Does anyone let it all hang out and bulk big time anymore? Who are not genetically gifted or on drugs?
My last time with a big bulk was a couple of years ago. Iím on TRT at around 200mg of test a week and had been for about 2 years before that. I wanted to do a beginner cycle of 500-600mg for about 12 weeks. The brotastic roid boards said I could put on 2+ lbs of muscle a week. So I went all out. I let BF creep up to 20%. Gained a lot of water weight with it and maybe only added .5 of muscle per week at that late intermediate to advanced level. After dieting the BF off I ended up with about 3 extra lbs of muscle. So even with drugs a huge bulk wound up being a bad idea.
Unread 12-16-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
My last time with a big bulk was a couple of years ago. I’m on TRT at around 200mg of test a week and had been for about 2 years before that. I wanted to do a beginner cycle of 500-600mg for about 12 weeks. The brotastic roid boards said I could put on 2+ lbs of muscle a week. So I went all out. I let BF creep up to 20%. Gained a lot of water weight with it and maybe only added .5 of muscle per week at that late intermediate to advanced level. After dieting the BF off I ended up with about 3 extra lbs of muscle. So even with drugs a huge bulk wound up being a bad idea.
X20. I run gear and experienced the same. Now I'm aiming for pretty much a natty surplus and let the drugs do their partitioning. The guys i know that stay lean on geared bulks are pretty damn happy doing 2 lbs gain a month. Yeah it sounds trivial but a 20 wk cycle=10 lbs muscle=12 to 18 months worth of muscle for a high level intermediate. Personally I notice I can eat about 150 to 250 cals more on a blast vs a trt dose...moderate doses of juice really doesn't increase your caloric excess a whole lot.
Unread 12-17-2017, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
X20. I run gear and experienced the same. Now I'm aiming for pretty much a natty surplus and let the drugs do their partitioning. The guys i know that stay lean on geared bulks are pretty damn happy doing 2 lbs gain a month. Yeah it sounds trivial but a 20 wk cycle=10 lbs muscle=12 to 18 months worth of muscle for a high level intermediate. Personally I notice I can eat about 150 to 250 cals more on a blast vs a trt dose...moderate doses of juice really doesn't increase your caloric excess a whole lot.

Noticed this over the years on roid forums.

Guys who looked decent and competed did a small surplus of like 200-300 cal per day, barely gained weight each month and did frequent diet cycles.

Drugs doesn't seem to change diet much except allowing you to set calories much lower and keep strength while dieting.

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.
Unread 12-17-2017, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoun1e View Post

Basically i use "ad libitum" feeding to do the rest of bulk time. But the thruth i think bulk time only work for few bbers. I tryed different approach to bulk from dirty to very clean but usually eat above mantainance for more time make me fat with no more muscle mass that this kind of approach. Moreover since i am more involved in endurance training weight in general is not so good thing so i prefer to stay leaner and lighter
Unread 12-17-2017, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
I used to bulk and cut, but these days I'm just eating around maintenance and focusing on progression.

Why?
When you're past the beginner phase, it becomes harder and harder to predict how many calories actually go into building LBM. Most intermediate and advanced lifters just become fat without a lot of extra LBM. It's a slow and unpredictable process. At least for me. It may be a bit slower, and you need to pay a bit more attention to recovery, but I don't need to worry about cutting at all and look decent year round. Still, I seem to make progress. Also we have to admit that cutting is just a burden for most of us.
This.

Although I do some sort of calorie cycling, which is just simply maintenance on off days and setting a small surplus on training days (which just includes post-workout shake on top of my maintanance diet).
Unread 12-17-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
I also bought into a lot of what Dante said about roid diet that I needed 2x BW in protein on top of the massive calories. Talking to Borge about it changed my mind and Iíve since used 1.3x as my upper limit and it makes the bulking diet much more enjoyable.
Unread 12-17-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
I also bought into a lot of what Dante said about roid diet that I needed 2x BW in protein on top of the massive calories. Talking to Borge about it changed my mind and Iíve since used 1.3x as my upper limit and it makes the bulking diet much more enjoyable.
Funny i was actually gonna make a post about this one...lots of guys are in the 1g/lb camp when it comes to even enhanced bulks other like 1.5+...i cant figure out which is better since aas makes protein turn over more efficient but you can also use more theoretically. I end up at 1.25 to 1.6 usually because i love meat milk etc. Still getting in a boatload of carbs so I guess more can't hurt.
Unread 12-17-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Funny i was actually gonna make a post about this one...lots of guys are in the 1g/lb camp when it comes to even enhanced bulks other like 1.5+...i cant figure out which is better since aas makes protein turn over more efficient but you can also use more theoretically. I end up at 1.25 to 1.6 usually because i love meat milk etc. Still getting in a boatload of carbs so I guess more can't hurt.
There’s a very knowledgeable guy on AAS on Lyle’s FB group goes by Chester Rockwell and he said except for instances of HGH he rarely puts his clients over 1g per lb. Yeah it won’t hurt to go higher, Lyle even had 1.4 as the upper limit for bulking natties in the Protein book. Even the steroid studies in the 90s where the guys gained lots of muscle they were only eating like 16x BW calories and .6g per lbs.
Unread 12-17-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Chester Rockwell (admin of Lyle's FB group) discusses protein intake on this awesome podcast:

https://soundcloud.com/wolfperforman...ockwell-part-1

He's for the lower protein intake (1g/lb or little less), so you can have more carbs/fat to support training.