BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-21-2015, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5foot6 View Post
Keep the weight/tension at your current highest poundage but reduce the volume unless that weight is currently too heavy for you (bad form). Keep your gym sessions short, focused, and intense but get out of there ASAP. No linear progression during your cut.

Yes, one of the hardest part about a cut is that you don't get all that fun gym time but you don't want to be injured and be forced to stay out of the gym. Learned this the hard way.

Best of luck to you.
Hey, thanks for the advice.

I'm still of the mindset that because I'm 22 and I'm not too far past a beginner's 'training age' that I can get away with the volume I'm doing. Maybe make some progress in strength, even gain some lean mass. I think it's quite clear that's not the case with me, way too hopeful!

I hadn't even considered reducing volume, even after hurting myself. Which on further thought is quite bullheaded of me. I'll definitely try to limit the sets next workout, thanks very much.
Unread 06-23-2015, 05:00 AM

Day 18 - 156lbs

Reduced volume today. Was weird walking away after doing 1 set of the tension/metabolic exercises. If Lyle says this works for maintaining mass, I'm all for it. Was in and out in 30 minutes as opposed to 45+. Helps you to stay focused knowing you've only got 1-2 strict sets to do - the worry that you're not working hard enough to maintain!

I may even cut out the Sunday workout and do the 3-day GBR, Tue/Thur/Sat. Why didn't I consider doing this before?! I can reclaim a day and recover better!
Unread 06-23-2015, 07:19 PM

Awesome!

Forgot to cite the source. "Maintaining Training Adaptions" in part 2 should be of value to you but please read both parts.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/tra...s-part-1.html/

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/tra...s-part-2.html/
Unread 06-24-2015, 12:24 AM

Quote:

Awesome!

Forgot to cite the source. "Maintaining Training Adaptions" in part 2 should be of value to you but please read both parts.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/tra...s-part-1.html/

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/tra...s-part-2.html/
Thanks again man. Have read in the past, but will make sure I actually take it in this time!

Day 19 - 155.8lbs

Didn't have my Tuesday free meal / refeed as planned. I'm still alive.. and actually feel really good. Huh.

Some deep thinking going on last few days. I'm not sure I'm happy with the way my life might go if so carry on the path I'm going. Seriously, a software developer? My aspiration for 10 years time was to have a senior developer position, or maybe to go in to project management. Wow. 40 years behind a desk doing something I don't enjoy. What a future.

I wanted to be a doctor when I was young. An astronaut, a scientist, a billionaire, a wrestler. Dreams remain dreams until they're acted upon. Now's a time better than any to start. Just not quite sure where yet.
Unread 06-25-2015, 12:17 AM

Day 20 - 155.6lbs

Pants starting to fall down as I walk. Would feel better about that if I hadn't just invested in 2 weeks worth of swimshorts the same waist size. Folk may be getting continuous face fulls of pasty British peen and butt.

I've been falling asleep at 8pm the past few days and waking up at 4am. Has been satisfying having so much time on the mornings. I checked 3 things off my to-do list this morning while simultaneously getting my 45 mins of cardio out the way, and I'm still going to be an hour early to work. Ha! Not very social hours though, will stay up later tomorrow night.
Unread 06-26-2015, 05:19 AM

Day 21 - 156.6

Had a carb fest last night, about 300 cals above maintenance. Was trying to hold out as long as I could. Was going to down a few extra bowls of cereal the night before as I was starting to get that run-down feeling, but thought I'd wait and see how I felt the next day. Was still hangry and tired last night so went ahead. Makes sense, had created quite a big deficit the 6 days before. Think 5 days is my sweet spot.

Definitely not able to go a significant amount of time before I start feeling like butt without dieting so slowly I may as well not even bother. Refeeds/free meals are a must for me. It's just a matter of identifying when and where to incorporate them. Lyle's cat 2 refeed guidelines just don't seem quite to fit.

A refeed every 7 days is a massive struggle, I spend the night before tossing and turning dreaming about corn flakes and about 70% of the time I end up overdoing it on the day, or feeling so discouraged about the process of suffering again for a week I overeat anyway. A 5-hour refeed and a free meal every week is too much, and makes dieting painfully slow. I'm not positive I know where I sit or what's best for me. I'll see how I feel again in 5 days time!
Unread 06-26-2015, 08:01 AM

I don't see how a refeed and a free meal each week makes things so painfully slow. I've been doing that for almost four weeks now and am quite happy with my progress. I think you may just be overdoing it on free meals. I saw an earlier post in your thread where you mentioned a 4,000 calorie day. I think that is beyond the limits of what free meal means. It doesn't mean gorge yourself. It just means have a nice enjoyable meal where you don't concern yourself with the macros too much. Have an appetizer and/or dessert if you want. But 4,000 calories is way beyond that.

Edit: Just actually looked at the specifics of your diet and saw you're not doing RFL. My general thoughts still apply but extra calories in your situation probably have a bigger impact on slowing things down than they would on RFL.

Last edited by WaffleBox : 06-26-2015 at 08:04 AM.
Unread 06-26-2015, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleBox View Post
I don't see how a refeed and a free meal each week makes things so painfully slow. I've been doing that for almost four weeks now and am quite happy with my progress. I think you may just be overdoing it on free meals. I saw an earlier post in your thread where you mentioned a 4,000 calorie day. I think that is beyond the limits of what free meal means. It doesn't mean gorge yourself. It just means have a nice enjoyable meal where you don't concern yourself with the macros too much. Have an appetizer and/or dessert if you want. But 4,000 calories is way beyond that.

Edit: Just actually looked at the specifics of your diet and saw you're not doing RFL. My general thoughts still apply but extra calories in your situation probably have a bigger impact on slowing things down than they would on RFL.
Ha yes, you're right. I haven't detailed the deficits I've been making on the weekly. Normally a single 4,000 calorie day isn't enough to throw off the 1lb+ loss I aim for, especially if most of the cals are carbs/protein. Agree that eating that amount isn't really a free meal as much as it is a chance to be a glutton though.

Problem is that a free meal feels pointless to me unless I get something that's normally off limits. Unfortunately for me that means ordering from somewhere without calorie counts, and ordering big. I'm happy to eat a few slices of pizza on a normal diet day, or even a normally sized meal and dessert. I crave the real bad stuff!

Will experiment with the 5 day 5-hour refeed for a few weeks first. Might then try inviting a girl out for a meal once a week too for a free meal. I'm sure I'll not order a 14" pizza for myself if I'm out with someone. Ha!
Unread 06-30-2015, 12:07 AM

Day 25 - 155.2lbs

Still alive. Busy with work and organizing holiday, plus it's 26+ degrees celsius here in GB. Not wasting a moment of it!

Think I might be whooshing soon. Scale said 154lbs yesterday.. but I did spend 200 minutes on the bike the day before that which probably made me sweat out 5 litres of fluid. Caffeine and the later chapters of The Four-Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss if you want to push your limits. Whoah dude.

Bummer about the total loss this month. Was hoping for a few more pounds, but had a few set backs. All part of the journey!
Unread 07-04-2015, 09:56 AM

Day 29 - No scales in sight

Getting ready to go away. Staying with the parents over the weekend, started the diet break now even though I don't much feel like it. That extra 400-500 calories has been a struggle to put down. Feel a bit gross and even a bit guilty, but know that this is for my own good. Been keeping myself moving around a lot these past 2 days. Without realizing I'm doing it I'm standing while everyone is sitting, packing bags, folding clothes, walking the poor dog miles and miles. Piling up that NEAT!

I understand that being able to maintain weight is about a million times more important than losing it. Will try to take it easy these two weeks, maybe have a few drinks and enjoy myself Lord forbid.

Will probably not be checking in again until I'm back at the end of the month. Wish me luck.