BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-22-2016, 04:00 AM

Default First Round RFL. Cat 2. 31yo Female

Hi Everyone,
This will be my very first attempt at RFL. I THINK I am Cat 2.....I don't really know my BF% most estimates fall between 26-30%. I currently workout 3-5 times a week varying between weight lifting and cardio...depending on how I am feeling!

I plan to start on Easter Monday...so that is in 6 days time.

I hope to lost 5kg by my birthday 6th May.

I am currently about 70-71Kg. I am 162cm tall. Size 10-12. I would love to fit back into my size 8-10's (so a small here in NZ). I hope to get some more muscle definition too.

I am going to workout twice a week and follow the lifting plan that is in the book. I am hoping to do 3 weeks initially and the 1 week break...But I will be guided by my feelings here I think as well.

If anyone has some tips or ideas for me to employ into my plan, please share. I am still in the prepping stages and am trying to formulate a no-fail plan!
Unread 03-24-2016, 05:24 PM

Default Planning ideas please.

So this weekend I am gathering foods and planning.

I was thinking about making a BIG salad on Monday and this would be for about 3 days worth of meals. So I would make like 9 cups of salad and take one cup per meal....would this work I wonder!? make it easier...then all I need to do is cook up my protein.

on that note...who does big batch cook ups of proteins? and how? I will mainly eat chicken and lean beef I think. Maybe some fish...although it is expensive.

I am nervous about my upcoming week!
Unread 03-27-2016, 02:49 AM

So, I start RFL tomorrow morning (Easter Monday).
I have had a relaxed weekend, not really counting/tracking. Did some workouts and enjoyed some chocolate.

I have portioned out 9 days of meals with meat in the freezer and a HUGE bowl or salad sitting in the fridge (four days worth).

Tomorrow will be the most challenging this week I think, as it is still a holiday AND my kids are doing an Easter hunt....and I am meant to be "having coffee" with the in-laws....

I plan on taking this ONE DAY AT A TIME.....but at the same time looking ahead to my first "free meal" on Saturday evening at my friends farewell.

So...Here Goes!!!!!
Unread 03-28-2016, 02:04 PM

Default Day One down.

Start Weight 28/03/2016: 72.2kg (eek Easter weight..I know its water.)

D1: 70.4 (-1.8kg)

Yesterday was alright! I felt a bit hungry a couple of times but nothing a drink didn't really fix. I went for a gentle 5km bike ride in the evening too, this helped distract me a bit.
My pants this morning feel a bit more comfy around the waist and I feel much less bloated, so that is great! But I am NOW at my "normal" weight.....so hopefully everything from here will mostly be fat...along with some water weight.

I haven't yet decided how often I will weigh....maybe daily....not sure...

Calories:811 P:143 C:20 F: 14 (not including fish oil).
Unread 03-28-2016, 03:02 PM

Great start! I'm updating right after this.
Unread 03-29-2016, 02:01 AM

Hi sleepykate,

I am in NZ as well (I am not a kiwi though).
I've done RFL before, and it worked quite well. Was planning to do another round - came to this forum for some inspiration and motivation and saw your post. Kinda thinking it's a sign))

So I'll start tomorrow. Good luck.
I'll try posting my progress as well!
Unread 03-29-2016, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albina View Post
Hi sleepykate,

I am in NZ as well (I am not a kiwi though).
I've done RFL before, and it worked quite well. Was planning to do another round - came to this forum for some inspiration and motivation and saw your post. Kinda thinking it's a sign))

So I'll start tomorrow. Good luck.
I'll try posting my progress as well!

Go For is Albina!!! What part of NZ are you in?
Day two so far is good...just about bed time!
Unread 03-29-2016, 06:37 PM

Start Weight 28/03/2016: 72.2kg

D2: 69.9kg (-0.5kg...-2.3kgtotal)

Day Two was good.
I was a little bit hungrier at times...and I had some diet coke and sprite zero to get me through...which may have not been the greatest choices...but hey ho!
I am happy with 500gm (just over a pound).

I am struggling to keep the fat levels down with the foods...as I am having beef steak most days and yesterday I had fish too, which is quite fatty. Still below 20gm though.

Calories:866 P:141 C:17 F:21
Unread 03-30-2016, 01:35 PM

Default A Gain :(

D3: 70.1kg (+0.2...-2.1 total)

So...I had a small gain of 200gms. Which is not much. But still feels unfair...as I have been spot on and there have been so many temptations but I have been staying strong. I do wonder if it may have been a bit of to much sodium yesterday...I woke up feeling quite dry and thirsty...and my skin feels dry too...I used some prepackaged chicken and it's sodium was quite high...My total according to MFP was 1881mg but I also added salt....
It may also be that I did not go to the loo yesterday...or it may be hormonal...I had to talk myself down a bit though hahaha...it is NOT FAT.

Back into it for day four. 2.5 more days until my free meal mmmmm

calories:730 P:142 C:19 F:10 (not including fish oil).
Unread 03-31-2016, 01:51 PM

D3: 70.1kg (+0.2...-2.1 total)
D4: 69.5kg (-0.6...-2.7kg total)

Come bed time last night I was quite hungry and found it hard to fall asleep. I was at my other job yesterday at the hospital and there is a lot more walking involved...I wonder if that caused more hunger...and I didn't quite get as much protein as the other days. I got a migraine yesterday...which happens when I cut..all good. Good loss today. 1.5days until Free Meal!

Calories:741 P:121 C:21 F:16