BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-26-2016, 11:01 AM

Default My 100lb beard......

A short introduction

Im age 47 been in the 330 lb mark for over 5 years recently seperated from the wife but in reality has probaly been more like 4 years (thats how long her affair has been going) I just hit the wall in febuary and made the commitment to be a better person

Started my rapid fat loss diet tuesday may 12 decided not to shave until Im down to 230, and let me tell you I hate the beard.....outrageously itchy. not shaving keeps my mindful of what I am up to. I have not ever gone this long with out shaving, wow dont know how guys can do it....gaaa

The food....

of course being 330 I had terrible eating habits, sometimes I would go buy a whole pie and just eat the whole thing.....lol...currently I have just gone bare bones simple. Tuna, I actualy really like tuna, weird I know. Im eating 800g of tuna for the day and when I get home late at night Im eating a bag premade bag of garden salad.....340g I believe. Thats it, later I will add some variety but at the start I just wanted to stay simple and focus on it being simple.

The Gym....

I do go to the gym everyday, mostly early mornings, unfortunately I have some "issues" moslty anxiety, but of course depression.....(I would think that most people at 300lbs + have some sort of issue that stops them from getting out there and living their life).... Anyways I do cardio mostly an easy jog, helps with the anxiety. I mean REALLY HELPS. Then 2 days a week I do a fullbody workout....

The Results.....

2 weeks as of today started off at 334 weighed in at 319 today!

Whats on my mind.....

so I had the first big loss of weight, that was to be expected. I have taken my waking temperature....mid 36c everyday so far.I will wait another 2 weeks to before I weigh in again.

BUT MOSTLY this not shaving is driving me crazy!!!

Miller (I live in Calgary, so if anyone of you other dieters would like to chat in person, hang out, have some outrageous fun let me know)

yep...thats my first name
Unread 04-26-2016, 02:05 PM

Well now the title had me super confused for a moment
Unread 04-26-2016, 03:32 PM

Good job on taking the steering wheel in your own hands!

The itching will get better soon and disappear completely at one point. I let my beard grow out for one year, months 1-3 were annoying but than it was pretty comfy
Unread 04-26-2016, 04:19 PM

Damn, 800g of tuna every day, good luck with your mercury poisoning goals of 2016.

As for the beard, it's only par for the course now with playoffs. Oh, just saw you were in Calgary, though
Unread 04-26-2016, 10:18 PM

Calculate mercury content here

And good luck with your weight loss kick
Unread 04-27-2016, 11:36 PM

well day 16 down. did some light cardio ate my tuna. I guess I will cut out the tuna after this week. it was easy to prepare. I will head on over the the bulk food store and buy some chicken breast. do some cooking this weekend and have my self sorted out for the week.

Nothing really new, morning temp was 36.5c. I have no real issues with hunger. Interestingly I have started all sorts of new things in my life. Im actualy up to stuff!!!!!!

ahh the beard.....kinda getting used to looking scruffy, still itches like crazy. OH YEAH......the gray in it...lol never even knew it was there.

I will weigh in after 28 days.

Have a great day people

Miller
Unread 04-28-2016, 04:59 AM

Chicken can be a nice alternative, and there are a lot of different ways to prepare it. Doesn´t have to be boring - and less mercury

Rubbing coconut oil into the beard helped a lot with the itching, it also makes the hair softer and healthier.
Unread 04-29-2016, 12:50 AM

feeling good all day today. Cut back on the tuna as I was obviously well over my mercury limit. did not really have anything in the house so I purchased a 500g container of cottage cheese. mmmm yummy (hope nobody brings up some sort of cottage cheese poisoning link). forgot how much I like cottage cheese. that with 2 cans of Tuna only brought me up to 700c. little low but I am only getting home now....11:45 and need to wake up at 4, so it will have to do

no cardio today, I will make some time tomorrow for some. the cardio makes a major difference in my anxiety levels so I cant go long without it.
HEHEHE I will probably get anxiety from not doing it.....

funny thing about the beard is I kinda like how it looks...now thats a big laugh for me.

I hope you all have an awesome day friday, take care of yourself

Miller
Unread 04-29-2016, 07:05 PM

ahhh friday all done.....no problems with the diet today 950c coming from cottage cheese and chicken breast. morning temperature was all good at 36.1c

did not get to the gym today for light cardio and a quick full body. got home so late the night before and a large bump that attacked my truck, made going to the gym an issue. thats ok I will do cardio tomorrow morning and the full body on Sunday

I will sneak in a free meal tonight. Im having 2 or 3 pieces of pizza and then straight to bed.

still hanging in there with the beard....
Unread 05-01-2016, 12:28 AM

nice easy day today. Started off at the gym at 8 for some light cardio then off to work. was nice, all day I worked alone. I had cottage cheese and some tuna. 700 calories, little low but wasnt really hungry for chicken breast when I got home.

my 3 pieces of pizza turned into 5 yesterday. not too concerned used to be a whole large pizza to myself!!!

I did sneak in a quick weigh in at the gym, not the same scale but this one seems to weigh in close to the one I started with. came in at...........

I am so pleased!!