BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-06-2016, 02:53 AM

Default Not-so-flexible 7-week fat loss journey

This log is a continuation of my fat loss journey, in which I will follow a different PSMF-ish approach.

Background:

So, I have been successful with losing quite some weight and fat during the past 5 months, following a flexible dieting approach.I am just coming off of 2 weeks at maintenance, in which I rested, reduced training quite a lot, and ate a lot - all of that without gaining fat. I did not track my intake, and I ate A LOT. I am intrigued to know how come eating that much did not make me put on fat.

Current status:
94 kg - I am surprised I gained only 1,5-2 kg during maintenance, carb intake was over 400 g per day at least, I assume.
BF: I don't know, I assume slightly above 20%.

Why:
I have an important event end of July, and want to give my best the following 7 weeks to lose as much fat as possible.

Method:
Diet:
Modified PSMF. Basically, I will do PSMF-level protein, with the addition of some intentional calories (200-300), just enough to enable me to get some LI cardio done, which I really need because I sit 10 hours a day at a desk. These calories will come from preferentially from fruits. I will refeed every so often, preferably once a week. Free meals only when I need them, I will not include them from the start in my program.

Training:

Cardio: 20-30 min a day, plus 10.000 steps a day minimum. Throw in ERFL days along the way, however, not on consistent basis.

Weights: high-intensity workout 2-3 times a week, volume significantly reduced.

Supplements:
magnesium, calcium, potassium, fish oil, multivitamin, melatonin for sleep (low calories is calling for sleep issues in my case).
Fat burner: a combination of EC and another thermogenic supplement (tyrosine, EGCG-enriched green tea extract, caffeine, capsaicin, black pepper extract).
Unread 06-07-2016, 01:08 AM

First day went very well.
Dietary adherence was on point. I got in 230 g of protein, and some fruits (berries). Probably around 1300-1400 cal all together.

Activity: 13.000 steps.

Sleep: Melatonin FTW, that's all I'm going to say.

Note: I think I am already in ketosis - I know the feeling when it kicks in and urine colour says the same thing.

Supplements: No side effects of EC, just some nice energy kick.

Weight: 93.7 kg
Unread 06-08-2016, 12:06 AM

Day two:
Yesterday I did something close to ERFL.

Diet: 260 g protein, 1300 calories
Activity: 30.000 steps (26 km)
Caloric deficit was probably more than 2500.

Scale this morning: 92.3 kg (-1.7 kg).

I find it terribly easy to implement days like this from time to time, however:
1. PSMF does not go with too much activity but
2. ERFL is there for a reason and
3. Lyle has said a couple of times that brisk walking should not be harmful as regular cardio when combined with low calories

Note: EC FTW. Seriously, when I compare this PSMF with a previous stint I did, it does not compare. The energy is awesome, and no side effects whatsoever.
Unread 06-08-2016, 03:19 AM

30k steps on 1300kcal, that sounds brutal!

EC stack seems to work quite well than
Unread 06-08-2016, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlansky View Post
30k steps on 1300kcal, that sounds brutal!

EC stack seems to work quite well than
Believe me, it's easier than I thought. Legs are a bit tired today, but nothing special. Supplementing with potassium and magnesium makes all the difference in the world, and EC is a great help too.

Question: I was wondering if throwing ERFL days from time to time in a normal RFL approach would have any detrimental effects? Has anybody done this?
Unread 06-09-2016, 12:47 AM

Day 3:
Went well. I had an unplanned dinner, the chicken had some fatty sauce, and I had a 150 kcal ice cream after, but whatever, it's 300-400 cal.

Weight this morning: 92.4 kg (-1.6 kg).
Unread 06-09-2016, 01:12 AM

Interested to know how you did the 26km of walking ? Was it all in one go?
Unread 06-09-2016, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilnacarter View Post
Interested to know how you did the 26km of walking ? Was it all in one go?
No, it was 18 km in one go (3-4 hours), and then random walking during the day. I find this easy to execute from time to time. Also, recovery is not an issue, and it's much better than spending the time on Netflix. However, I find that this would be indeed detrimental on pure PSMF, so that's why some extra calories to compensate, mostly fruits - I could literally live off fruits.
Unread 06-09-2016, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkord View Post
Believe me, it's easier than I thought. Legs are a bit tired today, but nothing special. Supplementing with potassium and magnesium makes all the difference in the world, and EC is a great help too.

Question: I was wondering if throwing ERFL days from time to time in a normal RFL approach would have any detrimental effects? Has anybody done this?
Not as far as I can remember! The main risk I see there is that it makes adherence in the long run impossible, at some time it just gets too much.
Unread 06-09-2016, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkord View Post
No, it was 18 km in one go (3-4 hours), and then random walking during the day. I find this easy to execute from time to time. Also, recovery is not an issue, and it's much better than spending the time on Netflix. However, I find that this would be indeed detrimental on pure PSMF, so that's why some extra calories to compensate, mostly fruits - I could literally live off fruits.
That is pretty insane, where do you walk this long? City, Hiking, Stadtwanderwege?