BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-20-2009, 04:38 PM

Default 8 weeks of UD2-Thoughts and Progress Pics

Wrapping up my 8th week of UD2 and thought I would share my thoughts on it. I followed it to the letter, almost to the point of obsession,lol. Bottom line, it works!
Since I workout in the mornings and it's kind of hard to always be eating at work on Fridays, I chose the modified schedule. Tues-Friday were low days, Saturday morning-Sunday morning was carb load, Sunday was 10% below maintenance and Monday was 20% below maintenance. I did my Depletion workouts Tuesday and Wednesday, Tension on Saturday and Power on Sunday.

Diet:

I tend to do best with structure, so that is one of the reasons that I chose UD2. I have been as low as 8% bf in the past,but for the last few years, have hovered around 11%-13%. Eating "clean" for the most part and consistently lifting weights. With spring/summer approaching, I wanted to get visible abs again, so I decided to take the UD2 plunge on January 19th.

The first week wasn't too bad as most of my diet in the past has been higher protein/lower carbs. Around the 2nd week however, my energy levels were dropping fast. I guess I am one of the unlucky ones who never quite get adjusted to it, because they remained that way on low-calorie/low-carb days for the entirety of the cycle. It was never really enough to make me want to throw in the towel, however. Just as soon as I was running on empty, it was time for my carb-load.

As the book says, it did take me a cycle or 2, to get things dialed in just right. My carbs mainly consisted of bagels, pasta,bread,dextrose,pancakes and really low sugar cereal, like Corn Chex. I did occasionally have some FF ice cream and candy, but nothing too crazy.

Compared to "low" days, maintenance days were a breeze. My energy levels were through the roof and I seemed to be getting leaner by the day.

As far as hunger, it did get to be a problem during the first few weeks. For the last nearly 10 years, I have done the 6 meals a day thing, so I found it hard to reduce it down to 3 or 4. Lyle did mention doing this in the book, so I gave it a shot and it worked. What I would normally do would be have 4 "regular" meals around 9,1,5 and 8 and then if I got hungry in between, I would snack on some celery or a salad(lettuce and Walden Farms dressing).

I logged every day's meals in my journal if you want more info on what I ate.

Supplements:

Fish Oil
EC
L-Glutamine
Calcium/Magnesium/Potassium
L-Tyrosine
Multi-Vitamin
Creatine

Workout:

Let me start out by saying that Depletion day 2 is a mother f*cker,lol.

After years of doing primarily split routines, moving back to full body workouts was actually kinda cool. For depletion workouts, I did a majority of them circuit style. I chose this to try and shave some time off, but it still took anywhere from an hour to an hour and twenty minutes.

Here is the circuit that seemed to work best for me:

Chest
Back
Calves
Shoulders
Triceps
Hamstrings
Biceps
Quads

Tension workouts were always fun. The hardest part was focusing on doing the exercise and not thinking of the yummy carb goodness that was awaiting me. I generally stayed in the 8-10 rep range as to not compromise my power workout the following day.

Power workouts were great! I actually was getting stronger as the weeks went by. Some weeks I would shoot for the 6 rep range, while others I would be in the 3 rep range.

I loathe cardio, so I think I got on the treadmill once and went for walks around the neighborhood a handful of times. I threw in ab work once or twice during the week at most, but nothing more than a few sets.

Progress:

Bodyfat: I have no idea where my calipers went, so I was not able to measure starting and ending BF%.

Weight:

Week 1: 181lbs
Week 8 173lbs

Measurements:

Here are my before and after measurements in inches.

Week 1:

Biceps:14
Calves:15
Hips:36
Waist:35.5
Shoulders:48.5
Chest:41
Forearms:11
Wrist:6.5
Neck:15
Thighs:22

Week 8:

Biceps:14
Calves:14.5 (-.5)
Hips:34.25 (-1.75)
Waist:32.5 (-3)
Shoulders:48 (-.5)
Chest:40 (-1)
Forearms:11.25 (+.25)
Wrist:6.5
Neck:14.5 (-.5)
Thighs:21 (-1)

Pictures:

I took pictures on a weekly basis. Here they are to compare. The ones on top are weeks 1-4, bottom are 5-8

Conclusion:

UD2 is tough, no doubt about it. It really takes digging down deep and sucking it up to get through it. I can't recommend it enough and thank Lyle for all his hard work and research.

Jason

Last edited by tx328is : 03-20-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Unread 03-20-2009, 05:16 PM

Very nice work! I laughed out loud about your crash and burn week 2....that's where I'm at now! It's like Christmas Eve tonight....I'm going to try and go to bed early so carb day will come faster!! (I start my cycle on Tuesdays and resistance tomorrow AM).
Unread 03-20-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLJ View Post
Very nice work! I laughed out loud about your crash and burn week 2....that's where I'm at now! It's like Christmas Eve tonight....I'm going to try and go to bed early so carb day will come faster!! (I start my cycle on Tuesdays and resistance tomorrow AM).
Thanks and I feel ya about going to bed early. I TRY to do the same thing every friday night myself lol. Sucks when you wake up thinking its morning, then get pissed cause its still the middle of the night.
Unread 03-20-2009, 07:10 PM

Hell yeah, great effort there!

Next week is my 6th and last week of UD2 and i will probably post on my experiences too.

I will agree on the fact that this is the toughest diet i've ever done, but also the most rewarding. Talking to people about this diet, you can easily tell they don't understand the psychological factors in dieting.

Great progress. Gd luck on future efforts.
Unread 03-20-2009, 07:12 PM

Excellent work Jason! I'm sure I will read this and your log often in the next few months.
Unread 03-20-2009, 08:36 PM

Nice work.
Unread 03-21-2009, 04:33 PM

EXCELLENT work!!! Very impressive!

I am getting ready to start UD2 myself in the next few weeks. Was wondering if you could give an example of a carb load day in detail. Just very curious to see how others do it.

Thanks and again, great job!
Unread 03-21-2009, 08:01 PM

Great job man!
"When my mother was pregnant with me, they did an ultrasound and found she was having twins. When they did another ultrasound a few weeks later, they discovered that I had resorbed the other fetus. Do I regret this? No. I believe his tissue has made me stronger. I now have the strength of a grown man and a little baby."
Unread 03-22-2009, 07:00 PM

Very very well done!
Unread 03-24-2009, 07:55 AM

great results man! do you think you coul'd have achieved the same results without the supplements? I'm using only fish oil