BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-18-2009, 05:40 AM

Default UD2 variations

I finally decided to buckle down and give UD2 a try for about a month. Below I copied and pasted the variation the Lyle has in his book for people who cannot workout on Thursday PM. This works beautifully for me for the most part, esp considering my teaching schedule.

Monday/Tuesday: Depletion Low-carb/low-calorie
Wednesday/Thursday: Cardio Low-carb/low-calorie
Friday: High intensity in AM Begin carb-load
Saturday: Power workout Diet variable
Sunday: No training/cardio Diet variable

THe only question is, there are some Saturdays a month where I am teaching a barbell class (I count this as cardio) or a double spin class and I feel to add a Power workout would be overkill. This will only occur once or twice a month however, not very often.

Can I move the Power workout to Sunday on these weeks? Just curious.

Cant wait to start! I am ready and I think results are going to be awesome!
Unread 07-18-2009, 08:34 AM

That will present a problem because you need 1 day to recover before starting the depletion cycle again. If you elect to leave it like this then I would just ensure you reach the top end of your carb ups, and maybe even bump up the protein/carbs on Power workout day. Also, perform the power workout before the other stuff on Saturday. Then teach the classes as more instructional, and less actual workout (for you only).
Unread 07-18-2009, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBig View Post
That will present a problem because you need 1 day to recover before starting the depletion cycle again. If you elect to leave it like this then I would just ensure you reach the top end of your carb ups, and maybe even bump up the protein/carbs on Power workout day. Also, perform the power workout before the other stuff on Saturday. Then teach the classes as more instructional, and less actual workout (for you only).
Thanks. I may just elect to sub the earlier class out to another instructor just for this time period, and only teach the second class, and use the time to do my Power workout. Dont want to leave my daughter in the child daycare for 3 hours either.
Unread 07-18-2009, 11:47 AM

unstable schedules make for problems with UD2.0

its not fun to suffer all week and then get to the 'pay off' and screw the whole thing up because of scheduling conflicts, or even social engagements

(I once blew a marvelous week of fat loss by trying to refeed at a wedding...yeah, that went REAL well)

EOD refeed FTW
Unread 07-18-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeyZS View Post
EOD refeed FTW
Im not sure what this means?

PS: its only 6 weeks out of my life. Ive made sure to do this during a time this summer with very little activities planned. And my refeeds are on days we dont go anywhere, Fridays. Sat and Sunday is a mixed diet....I should be fine. Just worried about the occasional class on Saturday, I will figure it out
Unread 07-18-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persianlady View Post
Im not sure what this means?

PS: its only 6 weeks out of my life. Ive made sure to do this during a time this summer with very little activities planned. And my refeeds are on days we dont go anywhere, Fridays. Sat and Sunday is a mixed diet....I should be fine. Just worried about the occasional class on Saturday, I will figure it out
my point is, UD2.0 has you on the edge of sustainable training volume as it is

add the "occasional class", and botch the power work out due to fatigue/recovery issues (which is the cherry of the entire program, without which there simply isn't any point), and you're wasting your time.

and make sure you're at the stage where you can handle lifting in the power range in the first place (safety, form, etc)
Unread 07-18-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persianlady View Post
I finally decided to buckle down and give UD2 a try for about a month. Below I copied and pasted the variation the Lyle has in his book for people who cannot workout on Thursday PM. This works beautifully for me for the most part, esp considering my teaching schedule.

Monday/Tuesday: Depletion Low-carb/low-calorie
Wednesday/Thursday: Cardio Low-carb/low-calorie
Friday: High intensity in AM Begin carb-load
Saturday: Power workout Diet variable
Sunday: No training/cardio Diet variable

THe only question is, there are some Saturdays a month where I am teaching a barbell class (I count this as cardio) or a double spin class and I feel to add a Power workout would be overkill. This will only occur once or twice a month however, not very often.

Can I move the Power workout to Sunday on these weeks? Just curious.

Cant wait to start! I am ready and I think results are going to be awesome!
This isn't ideal by any means but if you know you're doing cardio/class on a couple of Saturdays you could make Saturday day 1 and have it as depletion.

Wouldn't make for a fun weekend though.

KY
Unread 07-18-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoun1e View Post
This isn't ideal by any means but if you know you're doing cardio/class on a couple of Saturdays you could make Saturday day 1 and have it as depletion.

Wouldn't make for a fun weekend though.

KY
ugh, that would be terrible. I guess I could suck it up. What about moving the Power workout to first thing Sunday morning, take Monday off, and start depletion on Tuesday on those weeks? I should be carbed up by then too from Friday and Sat and able to lift well.

Last edited by Persianlady : 07-18-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Unread 07-18-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeyZS View Post

and make sure you're at the stage where you can handle lifting in the power range in the first place (safety, form, etc)
Im ready. Do you really think 50% of the people who attempt this program are really ready? On top of it, I am also a certified trainer, so I am ready than most. Thanks though.
Unread 07-18-2009, 05:41 PM

are you like one of those certified guys who look certified? I remember there was a trainer who always sat with me during my sessions and annoying me with questions. Actually it was a group of them, and they would ask me for information, then argue that it was wrong but use what i said and program it into their clients work anyway.

Try the 8 day variant? or something as i heard its way more "effective", and taht the 7day variant we use was just for scheduling ease.

Edit: i was using the friday tension+carbup for my 8 weeks. Usually i end up looking bloated no matter what.

Last edited by tayjeremy : 07-18-2009 at 05:43 PM.