BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Applied Nutrition for Mixed Sports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-01-2016, 07:36 AM

Default Triathlon Training Plus Bodybuilding?

So my friend likes to cycle, swim and run and wants to improve his times. He also wants to lift - to improve his physique like someone not doing those things but also to address any potential muscle imbalances from them. He's effectively a beginner lifter and he'd be bulking. I thought ANMS might well cover diet - the lifting plus the endurance stuff equating to a mixed sport - but he's also wondering what his gym workout should be like. Any thoughts? Maybe a standard beginner's routine with supplementary work done separately (on different days?)? Or one, more personalised workout...? Also, if you think he should take the beginner's routine plus supplementary work option, do you have any ideas for that? Thank you.
Unread 05-01-2016, 08:18 AM

I believe if you search the main site Lyle posted an article on combining basic endurance training with lifting-- that would be a good place to start. The Hybrid Athlete by Alex Viada (e-book) goes much more into depth on the type of training you describe and even has some templates that could be useful for your friend.