BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-25-2017, 08:41 AM

Default Taking advantage of a cheat meal

Not to be a neurotic fitness dude, but since i'm planning on enjoying a holiday feast later today, i'm curious to know what would be the best course of action to take advantage of the huge amount of food?

1) A hard workout (probably double the workout volume) earlier during the day and try to create the biggest "caloric sink" that I can

2) A hard workout the day after? Presumbly I'd be feeling a lot better with all the calories in me and I'd be able to push myself much better
Unread 12-25-2017, 09:27 AM

I did A for thanksgiving. Trained fasted with tons of caffeine and smashed 4 heavy plates of food later after a heavy and high volume session . Still lost weight for the week lol
Unread 12-25-2017, 11:29 AM

There was an old idea from Muscle Mag I think, where you overtrain for 2 weeks and then eat as you wish on holidays/vacations without gaining fat.
Unread 12-25-2017, 04:46 PM

It's not a cheat meal.

What is it?
Unread 12-25-2017, 04:55 PM

Lots of options to deal with this, anywhere from a workout with double the volume (not recommended), a normal workout or cardio (not a bad idea, if it works with your schedule), various IF/PSMF interpretations leading up to the big meal to create a caloric sink from the diet side of things, to just enjoying your holiday and not worrying about it. Depends how dedicated you are and how urgent your goals are, I suppose.
Unread 12-26-2017, 03:01 AM

Nah

There's nothing complex here. If your diet is usually controlled, how much damage do you think you can do with one feast? Here's a clue: not much. If anything, you should feel so satiated with the overeating that you'll automatically not feel like eating a great deal for a good 10+ hours afterwards. Follow your disinclination to eat much thereafter, and any even minor damage will be avoided
Unread 12-26-2017, 03:58 AM

Very True.

For the stressed out. If you went way overboard from today until Friday may be a great time to experiment with ERFL. Then use, Sat/Sunday as a controlled refeed while enjoying last two days of holiday season.

Unless one went bezerk on calories for a while you’ll probably end out leaner than pre-multiple day binge and burn fat right through the refeed.

Downside, of course, is time to find for activity & potential muscle loss. May be worth it for right person.
Unread 12-26-2017, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
Nah

There's nothing complex here. If your diet is usually controlled, how much damage do you think you can do with one feast? Here's a clue: not much. If anything, you should feel so satiated with the overeating that you'll automatically not feel like eating a great deal for a good 10+ hours afterwards. Follow your disinclination to eat much thereafter, and any even minor damage will be avoided
X100. I set a lifetime PR in calories yesterday to the point its 15 hrs since main meal and the thought of food isnt even appetizing. Aint doinganything else but going back to regular diet today and using the temporary 10 lb bloat to smash an incline bench PR (well, hopefully)

Unread 12-26-2017, 12:23 PM

Lyle has a similar article I think.

https://leangains.com/cheat-day-stra...or-a-hedonist/
Unread 12-26-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loc View Post
Lyle has a similar article I think.

https://leangains.com/cheat-day-stra...or-a-hedonist/
That's Martin.