BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-03-2018, 12:02 PM

I aimed for 12 to 20 ended in mid teens. Doing heavy lp even as low as 8 reps hasnt been great on my knees.
Unread 01-05-2018, 10:22 AM

Damn the hammer lp 1 leg is no joke. Felt good had to use absolutely stupid light weight. I'm a big fan of the unilateral standing leg curl hammer makes wonder why i didnt do more single leg quad work before.
Unread 01-05-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
Damn the hammer lp 1 leg is no joke. Felt good had to use absolutely stupid light weight. I'm a big fan of the unilateral standing leg curl hammer makes wonder why i didnt do more single leg quad work before.
Yeah, bloody light weights, especially on the weaker side oh my goodness it's just horrible. And humbling.

I sort of understand now why the Australians got their Olympic cyclists team doing it
Unread 01-05-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
Yeah, bloody light weights, especially on the weaker side oh my goodness it's just horrible. And humbling.

I sort of understand now why the Australians got their Olympic cyclists team doing it
Same here. I think I was pushing 6 plates per side with two legs. Had to do 2 plates per side with one leg. But man do they fry your glutes.
Unread 01-05-2018, 12:14 PM

Oh yeah, single leg lp requires significant weight reduction. I get hillarious glute DOMS.

I'm fan of unilateral exercises, even tho they require double the time. Also, unilateral seems to allow for greater force output from a muscle than bilateral, whether this transfers into real world anything on the other hand.