BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-08-2018, 03:07 PM

Default Injured lower back doing SLDL - how to proceed?

I am on the generic bulking routine.

Basically I injured my lower back doing the SLDL. Flareup of an old injury that I have not had for the past year. It's not totally unmanageable where I am walking around with pain, but I tried squatting today and could not go past my warmup sets because of the pain.

So, I will need some time to let that recover. Meanwhile, I still want to train.

How should I adjust my training and diet? I can't squat or SLDL right now.

Also, I do still want to keep training my upper body.
Unread 06-09-2018, 08:56 AM

Take a short time off from all training and let things heal up some. This might not be necessary but I think it's smart to be cautious with lower back injuries.

Ease back into training with movements that don't stress the lower back. Think leg press (being careful with how low you take the sled), leg curl, chest supported rows, etc.

Ditch the SLDL forever if you mean the exercise where you go excessively low with a rounded lower back. At some point maybe learn a proper RDL but even that depends on whether you can do it pain-free and it's not something to be rushed into.

Last edited by AlphaBettor : 06-09-2018 at 08:58 AM.
Unread 06-16-2018, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaBettor View Post
Take a short time off from all training and let things heal up some. This might not be necessary but I think it's smart to be cautious with lower back injuries.

Ease back into training with movements that don't stress the lower back. Think leg press (being careful with how low you take the sled), leg curl, chest supported rows, etc.

Ditch the SLDL forever if you mean the exercise where you go excessively low with a rounded lower back. At some point maybe learn a proper RDL but even that depends on whether you can do it pain-free and it's not something to be rushed into.
What could replace an RDL or SLDL?
Unread 06-16-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm587 View Post
What could replace an RDL or SLDL?
Could this work: https://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Ere...tBackExtension