BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-20-2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannlambert View Post
I am new to the forum. I have been training for a number of years but just started using the generic bulking routine for about 9-10 months I really like the results and it fits my schedule very well. Just wondering if someone could give me their insight into the difference between varying rep ranges within each training day ( generic bulking routine) vs changing the rep range each training day ( heavy/light days) both of course using an upper lower split template?
From the "Categories of Weight Training Part 6" Article:

Quote:
(...)PHAT seems to divide up training into two distinct types with power training (heavy low repetition work) and hypertrophy training (more volume in terms of number of sets, higher repetitions, etc.) which are done on different days over a 4-5 day split routine.

(...)

To address a question that came up in the comments the other week, PHAT is probably a good approach for advanced intermediate trainees (figure year 3-4 of proper training) who are getting fairly strong in the lower repetition ranges.

For those trainees, the poundages they end up using on the heavy work ends up being so fatiguing that trying to do volume work afterwards is a losing proposition. In that case, it’s better to split things up and have a distinct heavy day and lighter day (which looks more or less like old heavy/light strength training systems).
Unread 06-24-2018, 05:23 AM

If higher reps (10-12) are also being done, wouldn’t it be better to go a bit lower than 6-8 on the first exercises to get more myofibrillar hypertrophy and less overlap of the ranges? This is what is done in the specialization programs. Why is it recommend to move through different phases (6-8 + 10-12, 5x5 + 8-10, 3x3 + 6-8) on the GBR instead?
Unread 07-15-2018, 10:59 AM

New to this forum. I was wondering if this routine has gotten any updates or if Lyle has changed the exercise selection of some.