BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-03-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinilzord View Post
Appreciate your reply bud. Sry about bothering you with all these questions haha . For my entire life I've been chubby due to poor habits and not-so-gifted genetics. Actually there was a time when I was mildly depressed, taking pills and obese (1.68m weighing 82-84kg). Now that I'm somewhat educated at basic Nutrition and stuff, I have the obligation to be lean. Also I was never proud of my body, so that's what pushes me forward.

And yeah I experienced some stress last week because of the diet. College+internship+RFL+low energy can mess up with your mood.

Thanks again man. Hopefully I'll be looking better by the end of September.
You're welcome, also don't worry it's alright, you can ask all the questions you have, these forums are a huge motivator.

With how dedicated you are I'm sure you'll get there !

So yesterday I was finally hungry as HECK so I decided to do my cat 1 refeed, ate 4000 cals, mostly carbs and protein, kept fats below 50g as indicated by the book, my energy levels instantly shot up, it was kinda crazy how fast my sex drive and energy came back, my mood instantly got better too, hadn't realized how much I had gotten DUNKED by the rfl lmao.

Today I did a weight lifting session and my strength is almost back to pre-cut levels, got 10 reps of weighted (+90lbs) pull ups in one set instead of the usual 5-6 reps I've been getting last month, and that's with the 4 lbs gain from the refeeding I've done yesterday, the pump also was crazy and I wasn't dying when I got to the legs, man does it feel good to eat normal cals.

Took some pics to show what I look like after refilling muscle glycogen.

After waking up, right before workout

After weighted pull ups

Today I ate 3000 cals, mostly carbs and protein like yesterday, kept fats under 50g.

Tomorrow I'll be back to maintenance at 2000cals, will do a 2 weeks diet break to normalize things and then move up to lean bulking at maybe 2200-2300 cals, might have to raise the cals a little more but I'd rather take it slow and see how my body reacts, I don't want to ruin all these efforts

Next time I cut, which may be in a year if I don't mess up with this lean bulk I'll try to lower my bf even further, I'd rather get close to my genetic limits before I try getting to ~ 8%bf.

Overall I'm really satisfied by my current physique, I carry a bit of fat in my lower back but it's gotten thin enough that it doesn't bother me anymore, I'll definitely be doing rfl again next time.

Last edited by Pezede : 09-03-2017 at 10:22 AM.
Unread 05-27-2018, 09:32 PM

Hey everyone !

Haven't updated my log in about a year so here we go!

I let myself go a bit (hurt my shoulder while I was working a physical job and stopped lifting, didn't adjust calories to my new maintenance) and gained a few pounds of fat (while losing some muscle ) that I've dunked with a week of Erfl followed by a month of RFL, I've been at maintenance for about 3 weeks now, eating 3250kcal a day and walking 6-7 miles at 15% incline on a daily basis too.

Might have to bump the calories to 3500 though, I kept losing weight even after increasing my calories to 3250, and even though I'm doing enough activity to justify those maintenance cals, I find it amusing that I can eat that much post crash diet and still be in a deficit, mostly because of that metabolic damage bullcrap people keep spewing out.

For now I'm going to stay at 3250 cals, I don't feel like I'm cutting at all, energy levels are all around good, and I'm probably really close to my maintenance anyway, and I'd rather not gain unnecessary fat. If body composition changes are unsatisfactory in a month from now I'll add some calories and see what that does.

My lifts aren't back to where they were yet, basically stopped lifting for 4 months and immediately went back into cutting, but bumping the cals also bumped my performance so I expect to get back to peak performance in about a month.

Currently sitting at 143-145lbs when glycogen replenished, maybe a bit leaner than I was last year too, but I'm not entirely sure, probably between 10-12% boyfat.

My diet plan varies a lot but is usually centered around oat bran (I'll eat up to 300 grams a day, I love it), about 100 grams a day of whole peanuts (and peanut butter in lesser amounts), lots of veggies and fruits (Mostly bananas and apples), Cottage Cheese or Milk Protein powder, and fatty fishes like sardines. I'll also snack on sugar free pop corn from time to time. So a pretty high fiber diet.

Last edited by Pezede : 05-27-2018 at 10:01 PM.
Unread 06-05-2018, 08:54 AM

Weight has been consistently sitting in-between 146 an 148 lbs the past week, despite that I don't think I've gained any fat, if anything I'm still leaning out, and I'm fairly certain I've eaten 4000kcal on some days LOL.

My first guess would be that my P-ratio must be really good at the moment : I'm coming back from a lay-off (I hadn't done any strength training for months before going back into RFL) and my strength gains are really fast, add to this the fact that I'm finally focusing more on my legs (that I've never really given any serious work), even my calves are kinda growing which is really based.

But that also means I'll probably have to eat a bit less once those muscle memory gains are all back.

Second guess would be that I'm underestimating the calories I'm burning walking on my incline treadmill, it normally only goes to 10% but I've managed to raise it (it looks kinda ridiculous but it does the job LOL), and I've never actually measured what the incline really is now, so I'm probably being conservative with my 15% figure, but as a reference my HR gets to about 140bpm when walking at 3mph, and that's how high it gets when I'm running at ~7.5mph on flat ground.

So all is good for now, but I gotta be careful in the future!

Last edited by Pezede : 06-05-2018 at 09:18 AM.
Unread 06-06-2018, 06:29 PM

Starting to run into recovery issues, pec/triceps workout went well yesterday, today I did back/legs and well... Weighted chin ups felt heavier than usual at the same weight, lost a few reps. And weighted pistol squats ended up looking like a circus trick LOL, literally fell on my asscheeks 3 reps in, had no energy at all.

Though, I only have myself to blame since I haven't taken a single rest day since starting RFL, and that diet break felt more like a very small deficit cut thanks to the LISS and NEAT (judging by how I pretty much recomped) so I'm pretty sure that wasn't helping with recovery, add the high volume LISS cardio and you've got a recipe for disaster.

Gonna literally do nothing the next two days and see if that helps

Last edited by Pezede : 06-06-2018 at 06:33 PM.
Unread 06-07-2018, 02:56 PM

Tu rend très bien la, étonné de voir un autre français ici
Tu peux citer tes perfs sur quelques exos?
Unread 06-07-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpDesertique View Post
Tu rend très bien la, étonné de voir un autre français ici
Tu peux citer tes perfs sur quelques exos?
Merci ! Je suis étonné aussi, je suis passé voir ton log, t'es prêt pour de la compet hahahaha, putain les membres du forum t'ont mis cher

Je suis pas encore de retour à mes perfs max mais en ce moment je suis à ~ 10 reps @30kg aux tractions supination et 10 reps à 40kg aux dips lestés, généralement j'ajoute 5kg quand je valide 15 reps à ma première série.

Je force pas trop aux autres exos, tout ce qui est elevations latérales et tirages je fais ça en léger, vu que j'ai tendance à pas récupérer facilement entre les séances, et pareil niveau isolation je calle ptet 4 séries par semaine pour les biceps/triceps.
Unread 06-08-2018, 02:06 AM

Ah ouais tes bras ont pas besoin de beaucoup de volume, je les mirin
Gros nuveau aux tractions
Donc tu fais pas de DC à priori? J’hesite personnelement à l’arrêter, je progresse pas dessus alors que mes perfs dessus sont ridicules, quand t’es leger comme moi et toi c’est désaventageux sur les développés

Merci mais je compte pas faire de compet et ouais jme fais pas mal troller ici en plus je comprend pas tout vu que c’est pas ma langue natal, mais le fitness français est tellement limité...
Unread 06-09-2018, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpDesertique View Post
Ah ouais tes bras ont pas besoin de beaucoup de volume, je les mirin
Gros nuveau aux tractions
Donc tu fais pas de DC à priori? J’hesite personnelement à l’arrêter, je progresse pas dessus alors que mes perfs dessus sont ridicules, quand t’es leger comme moi et toi c’est désaventageux sur les développés

Merci mais je compte pas faire de compet et ouais jme fais pas mal troller ici en plus je comprend pas tout vu que c’est pas ma langue natal, mais le fitness français est tellement limité...
J'ai dû faire du DC une fois dans ma vie, du coup je sais pas trop comment je me débrouillerais dessus, mais à l'époque j'arrivais pas à faire décoller 40kg sans trembler, et j'avais un niveau correct sur du Lafay mdr. Par contre je réagis vraiment bien aux dips donc j'ai jamais trop cherché à changer d'exo, les dips me font bien bosser le complexe pecs/triceps/deltoide anterieur de manière équilibrée, je sens tous les faisceaux des pecs et l'intégralité du triceps, je dois être chanceux à cet égard

C'est vrai que le niveau de ce qu'on lit ici et sur les sites/forums français est grave différent, même les références du domaine ont tendance à sortir des grosse conneries.
Unread 06-09-2018, 10:34 AM

Ah oui je vois, rare quelqu’un qui ne fais pas de DC!
Tu limite ton ampli aux dips ou tu n’a vraiment aucun probleme (risque de blessure) sur ce mouvement?
Perso je suis bon aux dips mais malheuresement j’ai des douleurs sur l’exo donc je n’en fais plus

Ouais contenu très limité dans le fitness francophone par rapport au anglo-saxons, ça m’a forcé a lire et regarder les videos en anglais, j’avais un niveau dégueulasse en anglais avant, c’est entiérement grâce à la muscu que je me débrouille en fait!