BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-07-2017, 01:13 PM

Default Regaining satiety after dieting down

Hi all, so after reaching a bodyfat of around 9%, I don't necessarily feel "hunger" throughout the day but I don't feel that same satisfying fullness that one would get after having eaten a meal.

At low bodyfat I can easily put down 4000-5000 calories in a day but in the lowish-mid teens I'd be pretty satisfied eating in the 2000s.

Will my body eventually learn to be "full" on maintenance calories? Or will this be a perpetual struggle until it gets "fatter"?
Unread 07-07-2017, 01:19 PM

If you truly are 9% then yeah, that might be difficult to maintain.
Unread 07-07-2017, 02:26 PM

Stick with same foods you ate when dieting during the maintenance phase and maybe a bit more (potatoes, veggies, dry meats, etc), don't introduce anything tasty. IME hunger still remains, you just get better at ignoring it.
Unread 07-27-2017, 08:50 AM

When I'm lean (single digits) I seem to have an "on/off" switch when it comes to food and hunger. I'm generally OK dealing with hunger when eating lots of lean protein and veggies...the switch is "off". As soon as I introduce foods that I wasn't eating frequently while dieting down, the switch goes "on" and I rarely feel satiated even after huge meals and high calories that would make me ill when I'm heavier.
Unread 07-27-2017, 11:06 AM

Have you read "Bromocriptine"
Unread 07-28-2017, 03:03 AM

I see you guys talking about all these behavioral issues at 9% and i'm having them at 20% and i'm like "oh Chroist fok me life"
Unread 07-28-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironz View Post
I see you guys talking about all these behavioral issues at 9% and i'm having them at 20% and i'm like "oh Chroist fok me life"
Man, I feel you. I dieted down from probably 35-40% at my fattest. Dropping below 20% felt extremely difficult. But I maintained that for awhile and then managed to get down to around 10-12%. Only now, I am starting to feel the difficulty again.
Unread 07-28-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysiologyIsPhun View Post
Man, I feel you. I dieted down from probably 35-40% at my fattest. Dropping below 20% felt extremely difficult. But I maintained that for awhile and then managed to get down to around 10-12%. Only now, I am starting to feel the difficulty again.
thats damn impressive