BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-03-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
x2. i can even progress somewhat on rows even legs but inclines stall hard
This is because fight or flight mechanism developed prior to the invention of the wheel. Back then, pushing could be sacrificed, pulling not so much. It's all positively Darwinian
Unread Yesterday, 02:40 AM

One of the things I have noticed is that if I run too much of a net calorie deficit (cardio+diet) then my strength really suffers.

Lately I've switched it round slightly and Im only now running a 10% net deficit, which is actually made up of a dietary surplas of 11% and a cardio deficit of 21%. So Im eating a fair amount above maintenance calories which seems to have brought my strength back with a vengence whilst still cutting fat, given that both my weight is going down as well as skinfold measurements.

Jay
Unread Yesterday, 03:16 AM

I believe there's not a big difference as to how a deficit is created. It doesn't really matter if it comes from food alone or with added cardio. The only argument I could think of as a disadvantage of the food-only approach is protein and micronutrient intake.
Unread Yesterday, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
I believe there's not a big difference as to how a deficit is created. It doesn't really matter if it comes from food alone or with added cardio. The only argument I could think of as a disadvantage of the food-only approach is protein and micronutrient intake.
Why a disadvantage? Not sure I follow, but am interested in your viewpoint.
Unread Yesterday, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
Why a disadvantage? Not sure I follow, but am interested in your viewpoint.
If the deficit is coming from food alone (and of course depending on the deficit itself) it becomes harder to eat sufficient protein and/or micronutritients (or any composition for that matter). More care needs to go towards what you eat to still hit the 'correct' numbers.
Unread Yesterday, 04:22 AM

I think timing could come into play too, for example I am doing my cardio first thing and creating a big calorie deficit after a full nights sleep. Presumabally because I havent eaten in a while the amount of FFA is limited and the energy for that cardio has to come from body fat deposits.

I then begin eating my daily meals and effectively create a calorie surplus in terms of fat intake and by the time I get to do weights I seem to have a lot more energy. Obviously the real high intensity stuff suffers and I cant get anywhere near my single rep max but in the 8-12 rep range I've pretty much found my stength has recovered by then.