BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-21-2011, 10:22 AM

You'll most likely be fine, but the more important question is:

Are you getting results? Are you gaining mass?
Unread 11-21-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post

And how do you feel? Always tired?
Unread 11-22-2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlakramondas View Post
Yes, tell me about your feelings? What relationship do you have with your mother?
Unread 11-24-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:

Thank you for the reply. Sorry for the lateness of my response (holidays in the US and all of that).

I'm pretty sure I am. My weight fluctuates by +/- 1-3 lbs every day, even though I weigh myself as soon as I wake up, but it looks like it's going up; it was averaging at about 147 two weeks ago, and now it looks to be hovering around 149-150. I'm eating 4,000 calories on workout days and 3,500 on non-workout/cardio days, so I'd imagine it's be pretty hard for my weight not to go up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlakramondas View Post
I feel pretty fine... I'm not noticing any obvious negative effects. I typically do the cardio fasted, just because that works better in my schedule, and as I'd said, it's low-low/medium intensity.

Definitely don't feel tired or overtrained. Cardio does blunt my appetite, but eating a ton isn't difficult for me in the first place, so if anything, that's a good thing.

But reading the article on rest made me second-guess whether or not it would be better to have one or two days completely off from anything.
Unread 11-24-2011, 09:03 AM

If you need 4000kcals to gain mass at 149lbs of bodyweight I would recommend that you drop your activity level and take 1-2 days off per week, yes.

I'm 240lbs and gaining mass just fine at 3800kcals.
Unread 11-24-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
If you need 4000kcals to gain mass at 149lbs of bodyweight I would recommend that you drop your activity level and take 1-2 days off per week, yes.

I'm 240lbs and gaining mass just fine at 3800kcals.
Thank you for your advice.

I'm not completely sure if I need that much - my bodyweight tends to jump by 1-3 lbs in either direction every morning. So, gaining at 3,500/rest/4,000/workout is based on averaging it out over about two and a half weeks. I'm not active at all outside of my workouts, though - most of the rest of my day is spent in front of a computer... maybe I should cut down my intake a little bit. It did seem a little high when I was looking around at what other people of my weight bulk on.

Mind if I inquire as to the rationale for cutting the activity? I don't have any trouble whatsoever eating that much, and the cardio (half hour at low-medium intensity) can't be burning more than 200-300 calories at most.
Unread 01-10-2014, 06:31 AM

Very interesting article..I've been reading a lot about HIIT but this article is suggesting low to moderate intensities.

There is recognition here too of people's schedules. It's not realistic to have split workouts eg cardio am, weights pm. Or for the hassle of a 20-30 minute cardio workout on off days - as Lyle points out it can take longer to get to the gym - and indeed changed in the gym.

I was always led to believe cardio should be after weights but both my gym instructor and Lyle are saying it's fine to do cardio before a workout.

I do lot of walking daily 40-60 minutes. This and 20 minute sessions 3x week would be okay?
Unread 01-12-2014, 10:40 AM

20-30 of cardio 3x week with your 40-60 min walking each day... I'd say is plenty.
Unread 05-24-2014, 09:35 PM

What do you guys think of this.

Mon: Starting Strength
Tuesday: Cardio 40 min with occasional random speed increases
Wed: SS
Thursday: Rest
Friday: SS
Saturday: HIIT or some aerobic intervals/fartleky thing

Basically my goal would be to increase from a walking pace of about 4.0 mph at a steep incline, about 8 on my machines, to a running pace while staying in the aerobic zone. Basically if I am in the aerobic zone, I won't be going hard enough to interfere with my squats hopefully.

Incline will be to mimic outdoor running experience. I think I should be able to handle it, I used to lift wights in the morning and then do exercise in the afternoons and was at a caloric deficit.

Last edited by Average Dude : 05-24-2014 at 09:39 PM.
Unread 05-24-2014, 09:37 PM

Sounds fine. Especially with a rest day after any harder interval training.