BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-19-2017, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysiologyIsPhun View Post
This is 1/3 of my daily maintenance though. It's really quite a substantial amount of calories for me. PSMF + 8 drinks puts me at maintenance if I do not include any cardio. And to be honest, "8 drinks" sometimes becomes 12+ drinks when you start to lose count.
Just have that day be a surplus and decrease calories on another day to make up for it. You have a weekly caloric goal you're shooting for, just factor in this day of drinking.

If I go out drinking I just do my best to moderate my drinking, and plan on this day being 1000 calories over maintenance or so. The more you drink though, the less this plan works. If you're having 12+, even if it's just one day out of the week, this will be a considerable hit to your weekly calories. And obviously, they're empty calories.

Honestly, from years of experience trying to fit social drinking into my fitness plans, the most important thing is not to overeat, especially fat, while you're drinking. Even with inhibitions lowered due to drinking, it should be a bit easier to avoid eating crap when you're drunk if you're bulking. When you've been dieting...oh man, SO much harder to avoid.
Unread 07-19-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
You were wrong about everything, and basically have no idea about the physiology of this topic whatsoever other than some silly claims you've read on the internet. Just stop, before you say anything even sillier
Lol dude you are the one who referenced the martin Berkhan article where most of my advice is pulled from. You should get another hobby or something. This website is for people to learn not for people who already know everything mr. Pecs.

I dont reference any thing I didn't learn on this site or leangains

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.

Last edited by BEATMEOUTTAME : 07-19-2017 at 08:15 PM. Reason: A
Unread 07-19-2017, 10:06 PM

Drinking and partying is awesome for bulking until you get your next DEXA in 1.5 years time and realise you are 5 kg heavier at the same LBM

Mostly because you spent all your time recovering and trying not to go backwards because making consistent progressive overload while being up till 1am drunk two times per week doesn't actually work

not saying it isn't worth it but don't expect to end up looking like Ronnie Coleman while living that lifestyle

Last edited by Hectic : 07-19-2017 at 10:17 PM.
Unread 07-20-2017, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
Do you drink because of group pressure or to perform better socially? For the latter, you can use phenibut as well (with care).
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEATMEOUTTAME View Post
Ugh this stuff makes me feel like crap. It definitely gives you that talkative sensation like a mild mdma or amphetamine. But you build tolerance really quickly and I had to use way too much. Side effects were no Bueno for me and I use yohimbine, ephedrine, and have experimented with virtually every combination of Ilegal drugs.

If you go with phenibut definitely read up carefully on the dosing.
Yeah, you see that little "with care" addendum? Do NOT overdose with Phenibut. Other than that, it is a great alternative.
Unread 07-20-2017, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcahuetej View Post
Just have that day be a surplus and decrease calories on another day to make up for it. You have a weekly caloric goal you're shooting for, just factor in this day of drinking.

If I go out drinking I just do my best to moderate my drinking, and plan on this day being 1000 calories over maintenance or so. The more you drink though, the less this plan works. If you're having 12+, even if it's just one day out of the week, this will be a considerable hit to your weekly calories. And obviously, they're empty calories.

Honestly, from years of experience trying to fit social drinking into my fitness plans, the most important thing is not to overeat, especially fat, while you're drinking. Even with inhibitions lowered due to drinking, it should be a bit easier to avoid eating crap when you're drunk if you're bulking. When you've been dieting...oh man, SO much harder to avoid.
I've never really had an issue with this. The massive amount of liquids being consumed makes me not want to even consider food after I've been drinking. And even in my drunken state, I still have one thing in the back of my mind: "don't consume any fats you moron do you want to look like everyone else here?"

I usually like to watch my drunk friends bash pizza with a slight smirk on my face knowing they're just eliminating the competition.
Unread 07-20-2017, 09:32 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfQDAWJaN34
This pretty much sums it all up.