BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-22-2017, 11:22 AM

Default Training while diabetic

Just found out I'm diabetic. Short version: is there anything specific you would recommend when it comes to weight training? My guess is that pretty much any abbreviated routine done consistently would be fine.

Longer version: I lost about 60 lbs. over the past year or so, but some of it seems to have been muscle. I have done some light cardio and bodyweight stuff on and off since the beginning of the year. I'd like to get more serious now. My main goal with weight training is to improve insulin sensitivity. My secondary goal is to not lose more muscle. I assume that gaining muscle is mostly out of the question due to age and illness, but let me know if that's not a good assumption.

I seem to remember that Lyle has mentioned in a few articles that glycogen depletion helps with insulin sensitivity. Should I try to mix in some higher rep days in addition to days focused around 5-8 reps?

There are a lot of conflicting things on the web when it comes to diabetes, so I'm sorry if this has been discussed to death. Thanks.